December 2011 Moms

Church-goers: Daycare question! :)

This morning's service I had a conversation with the daycare teacher that made me think. She commented on how it's important to stick with the same service (our church offers 3 at different times on Sundays) when you have LOs so that they get used/comfortable with the teachers and other LOs there.

So, my questions to you ladies are:

Do you consistently go to one service?

Is it easier for you to go earlier or later in the day with LOs feeding/changing/napping schedule?

Do you think at 4mos that it matters if LO is around the same group of people or is inconsistency fine? Does your LO notice?

TIA friends!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Church-goers: Daycare question! :)

• We take L with us into the service.  He enjoys the music, and I either nurse him or hold him in the back during the sermon, and he usually falls asleep at some point. 

We go to the same service, the 11:00.  The 9:00 would be just as easy with L, but my husband likes to sleep in on Sundays, since he usually works until 2 AM Saturday night.

At this age, I don't think it matters whether or not he is around the same people. I'd imagine getting him used to being with many different people will cause him to be more flexible later on.  It might be important around 6-7 months of age though, when he goes through the separation anxiety stage.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We only have one service and unless I'm working in the nursery I've been taking her with me. I know I should leave her... but... Anyways, we do alright going to the 9:45 service and I think having me sort of get her used to being in there with her is good, however she won't nap in there with all the other toddlers and babies around! During normal service she drinks a bottle and naps during the sermon. We go for a changing break during tithe/ announcements. So we don't miss any of the real service. (Really they just read the bulletin anyways.) I think the being familiar is good, but people in our nursery have a week they do (1st, 2nd, etc.) and that leaves the people new, yet familiar for the kids. They seem fine with it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I always go at 9 on Sunday morning and I take LO into the church with me.  I think that he should spend time with his family in church, not in the nursery, but that's just the way I feel about it.  I'm also not a fan of the "cry room" at our church because parents just use it as an excuse not to teach their kids how to behave in church!  LOL! 

I think if I did use the nursery though, I would like consistency.

• we go to the same service every week.  It is the easiest one for me to get to.  DH works Sunday mornings so I have to get DD and LO ready and there on time and some mornings it is a real challenge.  DS is pretty good for the most part during the service.  We have a "cry room" in the back of the church if I need it.  I was actually thinking today of when I will start taking him over to the nursery but I will probably wait until he is a bit older.
  • When we go (we've been bad since lil man came) we take him in with us. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We go to the same service every week and still take DD with us in the service. I've got to admit, it's getting out of control. She will NOT sleep and flails around the whole time grunting and kicking etc. I have to get up and walk out every time we go so it's almost pointless for me. She will start going to the nursery soon. I don't see how being with the same teacher every week will help at this age. Maybe when they are a little older. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS sits in service with us.  He loves listening to music and our pastor speak.  We are a government family so we move often so i'm not super concerned with him getting used to people since we get TDY'd and moved so often.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageiluvmylab:

I always go at 9 on Sunday morning and I take LO into the church with me.  I think that he should spend time with his family in church, not in the nursery, but that's just the way I feel about it.  I'm also not a fan of the "cry room" at our church because parents just use it as an excuse not to teach their kids how to behave in church!  LOL! 

This exactly to a tee. Except, I've never been in our cry room.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • We only have one service (10am) and we take LO with us; he almost always falls asleep in the middle.  

imageiluvmylab:

I always go at 9 on Sunday morning and I take LO into the church with me.  I think that he should spend time with his family in church, not in the nursery, but that's just the way I feel about it.  I'm also not a fan of the "cry room" at our church because parents just use it as an excuse not to teach their kids how to behave in church!  LOL! 

I too hate the 'cry room', although in my church they call it a 'mother's room', which honestly is more accurate. It's a bunch of moms gossiping with their backs turned, letting their 5-year-olds throw things at the window. I'd try not to judge, except that I was hoping to use that room as a place to nurse and there's just no way...

BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• We also keep DD with us in church. She enjoys the music and looking around. I agree with PP I perfer her to be with family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We bring our little one to into the service with us. We feel it's important that she gets used to going to Church as a family. She already loves the music :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"