Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone get inaccurate u/s for sex of baby?

Hi Ladies, At my last u/s at 18 weeks, the tech told me 90% it was a girl. My due date is today & my dr ordered another u/s to check fluids, all was fine. As I was leaving, the nurses and receptionist were saying I looked like I was carrying a boy, not a girl. The u/s tech pulled me back in the room to check & said she couldn't tell. Did anyone have the opposit sex of what they were originally told? I'm kind of freaking out!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone get inaccurate u/s for sex of baby?

• From what I hear, it's hard to see anything in ultrasounds during the last few weeks because everything is squished. I was team green and also told that I looked like I was carrying a boy by three midwives. The heartbeat "sounded" like a boy, too, because it was lower. So when a girl came out, I was shocked! I had myself mentally preparing for a boy and got a girl instead :) So don't worry about looking one way or another. If they were sure it was a girl, it most likely is!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I was told girl at my a/s. I was nervous until she was born tho..., even I thought I looked like I was carrying "boy". Just goes to show, those old wives tales aren't accurate. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Loading the player...
  • With DD we found out 13w5d and with DS we found out 12w5d.  Both were accurate.  We were with an MFM for those ultrasounds.  I did carry different with each but if was opposite of the wives tales so that just goes to show how they're just tales :-)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I was team green so I didn't find out at the u/s, but I looked like I was carrying a boy and had a girl.  I wouldn't read too much into what anyone says.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was told my first DS was a girl at my 21 week U/S.  We did not find out the tech was wrong until he was born.  He is 5 so it was with current technology also.  So it can happen but it is rare. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"