Success after IF

"Healthier" hot dog/turkey dog brands?

My parents came to visit recently and let the LO's try hot dogs for the first time.  I'm not adverse to them, I just don't buy them cause I personally can't stand them.  They just bought the regular ol' Os.car Me.yer 98% fat free, made with 'turkey products'.  The loved them, so I'd like to try to find a healthier, more natural meat option that doesn't say 'mechanically separated turkey' in it's ingredient list.  Any suggestions?
TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: "Healthier" hot dog/turkey dog brands?

• We use applegate farms hot dogs.  I usually buy the chicken ones but I've tried them all and they're all good, IMO.  They have no nitrates and are organic.

https://www.applegatefarms.com/products/organic_hot_dog.aspx

• Is there a trad.er joe's near you? They have some healthier turkey & chicken hot dog options.
    MoM to twins!! L & O born 11/29/10
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNicole.:

We use applegate farms hot dogs.  I usually buy the chicken ones but I've tried them all and they're all good, IMO.  They have no nitrates and are organic.

https://www.applegatefarms.com/products/organic_hot_dog.aspx

We heart applegate!  My boys eat turkey dogs all the time (alex is allergic to beef).

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MAK06MAK06 member
    Maybe try some local farm type stores?  We have a local farm store and they sell fresh turkey dogs which are delicious!

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We do applegate farms, too!
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We also do applegate farms, but when the store doesn't have that option, I will buy Hebrew National - they don't have as many preservatives, but do have the nitrates.  
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've purchased the Ball Park Smoked White Turkey Franks. The first ingredient is turkey white meat. I am not sure on the other ingredients though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"