Trying to Get Pregnant

May be a stupid question but I googled it!

If you can technically drink in the two week wait (I'm not planning to) can you get a tattoo during the two week wait? 

Never occurred to me before. But I've been wanting to get a tattoo :) 

<3 DCRider
Baby girl due 1/22/14!

Re: May be a stupid question but I googled it!

• I actually thought about that because my sisters and I were planning on getting matching tattoos.  I feel like I heard somewhere that you can't get a tattoo within a certain timeframe of being pregnant.  Does anyone know if there is any truth to that?

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• The risks associated with tattooing while TTC are from the possible infection you can receive from unclean environments. So I guess as long you are confident in the cleanliness of the tattoo artist and shop, I would assume you would be fine. Maybe you should ask a professional though.

But then again I believe in "drinking till it's pink". 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Drink til its pink! Ink til its pink! While vacationing last week, we ventured down to Miami Ink and I got a new one. If I would have passed on the tat for a "what if" , I would have been severely dissapointed now that I am on CD2.. Live your life.

• I had asked my OB this because I had wanted to get a tattoo a few months before I got married and started to TTC.  She seems surprised by the question, but she told me to wait 3 months before TTC.  I think she was being overly cautious, and I only waited 6 weeks after getting the tattoo before TTC.  

BFP #1 natural mc 4/24/2012 5w1d 
    BFP #2 DS born 3/30/2013 
    BFP #3 cp 2/6/2014 
    BFP #4 natural mc 3/19/2014 5w6d 
    BFP #5 4/27/2014 EDD 12/24/2014 --IT'S A GIRL!

image image 
  • Thanks ladies :) pretty much what I was thinking but wanted to be sure! Far be for me to stop living while TTC! DH is out of town this week and next so I just probably won't feel like drinking :/ I will probably go get my tattoo though! Woohoo! 
    <3 DCRider
    Baby girl due 1/22/14!

• imageDCrider:
    Thanks ladies :) pretty much what I was thinking but wanted to be sure! Far be for me to stop living while TTC! DH is out of town this week and next so I just probably won't feel like drinking :/ I will probably go get my tattoo though! Woohoo! 

What will you get?

• Good post - I was wondering the same thing about drinking.  I don't drink a lot, but I'm in the 2ww until the 9th and I plan to enjoy some Cinco de Wino this weekend. 

TTC #1 Me: 30/DH: 35
  • I would go for it... A pp mentioned drink till its pink and ink till its pink!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since May 2011-Me 26 DH 24
    BFP 7.01.2011 c/p @ 4wks3.2012 Metformin 500mg for irregular cycles
  • imageBrazilianPeach:

There are a few more risks with tattoo (I'd say hepatitis is in the list).

Having that said if you stop living on the off chance that you might get pregnant you may have a dull life for a while depending on how long it takes to conceive.

At almost a year into TTC I couldn't agree more.

TTC#1 since 5/2011
    DX: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, Myasthenia Gravis, Aplastic Anemia, one copy MTHFR DH SA: count 52% motility (slow progressive), 0% normal morph
    June-July 2012: Clomid cycles=BFNs
    August 2012: New RE, started Metformin, Letrozole 7.5mg+TI=BFN Sept. 2012: IUI#1: Letrozole 7.5mg=BFN
    Oct. 2012: IUI#2 Letrozole 7.5mg+Dexamethasone=BFN
    Nov '12-March '13 on a break
    April 2013: IUI#3 Letrozole 7.5mg+Dexamethasone=BFN
    June 2013: IVF#1  Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix =BFN, 3 Frosties
    August 2013: FET#1=BFP 8/20/13,  EDD 4/30/13, MMC 10/1/13
    December 2013: IVF#2 Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix=?
     ~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"