December 2011 Moms
Options

Sleep Problem

We have been having a serious sleep issue in our house, B has been going down great but earlier and earlier she has been waking up because her binkie falls out.  I put it back in and she falls right back asleep but rinse and repeat a half hour later... Anyone else going through this?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Sleep Problem

• Options
    It might be sleep regression.  I thought DS was going through the same thing minus the binkie.  But it turns out that it was a growth spurt.  I read that sleep regression will fix itself in a few days or a week.  Make sure you didn't to anything to have caused this to happen like the temperature change in the room
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The only thing we changed was going from the miracle blanket to the woombie because she wouldn't fit in that any longer.  We changed that about a week before this started.  I wondered about a growth spurt because she seems to be eating more frequently?  Anything you did to help your DS get through it?  Thanks so much!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, going through the exact same thing, plus we stopped swaddling and it is not going well. Some nights she wakes 10-12 times, because she rolled over onto her stomach and doesn't like it, wants her paci, etc. I also think she's starting to get hungry at night again, which sucks because we haven't done an overnight feeding in almost 2 months, but I gave her a small bottle last night at 4 just to see and she drank the whole thing and went right back to sleep. I really am at a loss for what to do but it's getting crazy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Losing the swaddle is in our future, I am thinking it might be easy to get it over with now while we are already having sleep issues. We hadn't done night feedings in months either but last night we did 2! 

Edited because my brain is obviously not working :)

• Options

Ok good, I don't feel so bad now LOL. I don't want to get into the habit of the night feedings again but obviously I'm not going to starve my kid so of course I'll feed her if she's hungry. I hope and pray this is just a phase that will pass and that she will get used to the new sleeping situation soon.

Don't worry, my brain is not working either! It was never even this bad when she was a newborn. UGH!

• Options

I felt horrible because our pedi even said try everything before you feed because you don't want to re-establish that night feed pattern but if she won't go back to sleep after you try to soothe her then feed her because she is hungry.  I am over the soothing all night so now I have just tried the pacie/soothe once and then I feed!  Hopefully I don't do too much damage :)

I agree, it's like there was some chemical when she was new because it wasn't this bad.  Now I feel like a walking zombie!

• Options

That's exactly what our Dr. said. At her 4 month appt I told her that she was mostly sleeping through the night and pretty much dropped her 4am feeding but that she did wake up sometimes for her paci which seemed to soothe her back. She said that was good and that she didn't seem to need the feeding so to not to feed her when she woke up, however that is obviously not working for us anymore. She also told us that we could try CIO to wean her off of the paci but I am not ready for that quite yet either. We will see. I am praying that this is just a growth spurt and things will level out soon.

Please let me know if you figure anything out!

• Options

https://community.babycenter.com/post/a5417415/how_to_successfully_teach_a_baby_to_sleep_-_3rd_ed.

I just found that after doing some research.  I think we are going to lose the swaddle and do the transition out of the RNP so we don't have to do this again.  We aren't going to let her CIO quite yet, I want to try moving her bedtime up because she wakes up without an issue at 7am.  I am also going to try the paci/soothe once and then just feed her because maybe it's a growth spurt...?  We are going to start tonight and try for a week, I will let you know how it goes :)  Let me know if you find anything else that works!

• Options

Yeah you might as well do it all at once. Surprisingly we had no issue going from RNP to crib, thank god.

Good luck and keep me posted. I will let you know if I come up with anything as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"