Cloth Diapering

BG freetime rough, help please!

I've been using BG AIO Freetimes on my daughter for the last 4 months. They've been stripped twice with blue dawn since then (DH used fabric softener during our first week of use, ack! And they were stripped a second time about 8 weeks later for stink/ DH used rash cream w/o a liner, ack again!) I have noticed a few of the dipes are getting rough on the side of the inserts that face down into the diaper, any ideas what's causing this? (It doesn't seem to be causing any problems with absorbency but the inserts do seem to be thinner than they once were. ) I should probably add we prewash hot then wash cold with a second cold rinse and use original tide detergent. We do occasionally dry them but otherwise line dry.  Thanks in advance for any help!!

Re: BG freetime rough, help please!

• I think you are referring to the micro fiber side of the fabric.  It's normal for it to get more textured especially if you are line drying.  It's fine and won't effect the function of the diaper at all.

FWIW, most people do their pre-wash on cold and their full cycle on hot/warm. 

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"