December 2011 Moms
Options

What would you do?

I'm a teacher (pumping on my prep right now Smile)  and I need some advice. We take our students on an overnight field trip to our state capital. Originally DH was going to come along as an extra chaperone and bring DS with him. However, it turns out DH has to work and I don't really want him to take two days off and lose two days of pay to go. Although I am dreading being away from DS, I'm trying to figure out what to do in terms of pumping (I EP). I will probably end up having to pump on the school bus once the kids are off when we make stops at least twice each day we are gone. Would you bring a cooler and fill it with ice in hopes of saving your milk (we leave at like 6am-- I will pump before I leave home and we don't arrive to where we are spending the night where they will have a fridge/freezer until about 6pm)? Or would you pump and dump? I really don't want to dump it but I'm also paranoid that it won't last either... any thoughts would be appreciated!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What would you do?

• Options

I wouldn't dump it!!  I read somewhere (kellymom, maybe?) that breastmilk is fine in a cooler for up to 24 hours. 

Do you have any of those reusable blue ice packs?  You can fill a small cooler with those and you should be fine!

ETA:  Link

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Do you have to go?  I would pull the mommy card and try to get out of going!  Maybe another teacher could go in your place and you could cover his/her classes during that time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't dump. Like the PP, I also read that it's fine in a cooler for 24 hours. I would just pack lots of ice packs. When you get to there feel the milk bottles. If they still feel cold then I would keep them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Adalynn Priya Marie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"