Cloth Diapering
Options

WWYD... (diaperswappers purchase)

I recently purchased a LOT of Grovia AI2 inserts for a mama on diaperswappers. I *think* they were described as EUC, but when I went back and checked she had changed up the post to include only the things she had left. They were either EUC or VGUC. I got them on Friday and washed them immediately. They are quite dingy looking. When I put them on my girls they leaked and also had a very off odor once peed on. I'm not sure it it's ammonia because I'm pretty new to this! The smell didn't burn my nose and I would expect that ammonia odor would be pretty obvious. These just smelled.... Yucky. (Very technical, I know.) I have a couple of AI2 inserts that I bought new, and comparatively the new inserts have NO smell even after peed on.

I am super discouraged! I did get a pretty good deal on them but that is still a lot of money wasted if these inserts are no good Sad Should I contact her? Request a return/refund? Strip the inserts? I feel like I would have been better off just spending the money on new inserts! UGH!

Married 8.4.07
BFP #1 4.15.11 Twin girls born 11/17/11
BFP #2 10/16/13 m/c at 9w
BFP #3 4/7/14 EDD 12/13/14

Re: WWYD... (diaperswappers purchase)

• Options

I would contact her - there is a feedback system for a reason.

And then I would soak, strip (I'd probably do Dawn + bleach) and sun the inserts and they'll likely be fine. 

• Options
    imagetokenhoser:

I would contact her - there is a feedback system for a reason.

And then I would soak, strip (I'd probably do Dawn + bleach) and sun the inserts and they'll likely be fine. 

This.

If it's more of a yucky smell it's probably barnyard.  I'm guessing she wasn't getting the diapers clean/rinsed enough.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"