Secondary IF
Options

Anyone with uterine septum

what test was done to find this out? i only had an HSG and it seems that would not pick it up. One RE I went to said she wanted to do a saline US but that was before we had any coverage. Now I have Kaiser and the RE said it's not necessary. I am wondering if there could be something wrong with my uterus. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone with uterine septum

• Options
    I had one. I had surgery to have it removed this past January. The HSG won't pick it up. On the HSG your uterus could look bicornate (heart shape). That's what I was dx with from my HSG many years ago. My new RE did the saline u/s and found that I do not have a bicornate ute but a septum. It was very obvious on the saline u/s. If you don't have a septum, you could still have polyps or something else going on in there. The saline u/s can pick those up, too.

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options
    Interesting I was concerned about scarring from my c-section but this RE said she could tell from the HSG that it looked fine. strange, I don't really believe that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think you're right to not believe that. I think that you'd have to have a lap surgery to find scaring. I had to have a lap to dx my endo and they found scaring during that surgery, but it wasn't seen during the hsg.

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options
    I don't think I'd want to do that, but thanks for telling me about that.
  • Options
    My dr. found what she thought to be a septum during a internal ultrasound, and was pretty sure by the looks of things that's what it was.  I m/c last year at week 8, and she is most positive that is what caused it and wants me to get an HSG to confirm.  She didn't say anything about a saline US, but perhaps that would be the next test if the septum wasn't found with the HSG.  She said that if the septum doesn't get taken care of then it could lead to recurrent m/cs. 
  • Options

imagemsmoberg:
    My dr. found what she thought to be a septum during a internal ultrasound, and was pretty sure by the looks of things that's what it was.  I m/c last year at week 8, and she is most positive that is what caused it and wants me to get an HSG to confirm.  She didn't say anything about a saline US, but perhaps that would be the next test if the septum wasn't found with the HSG.  She said that if the septum doesn't get taken care of then it could lead to recurrent m/cs. 

You have a good RE!  You want this taken care of.  It's a simple outpatient procedure.  To top it off the risk of recurrent m/c is the minor problem.  Preterm labor and the repercussions of that can be much worse.  

I had mine removed in 08.  It was first dx in with an HSG after an suspected ectopic pg.  That OB said try again do nothing.  I got online an realized this was TERRIBLE advice. Moved to a RE, had a saline US and then lap to remove the septum.

To the op, I'd find a RE who would do it.  I can't imagine going through other treatments knowing something isn't right that can easily be fixed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"