August 2011 Moms
Options

Long time lurker - inside joke

This made me laugh and I KNOW someone will appreciate this:

https://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/today-food-finance-nutella-not-broccoli-162956191.html 

Sorry - no clue how to make this clicky

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Long time lurker - inside joke

• Options
    So you are a long term lurker but you have an inside joke with a reg here? I don't understand. Are you stalking them or something? This is weird. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageSarahPLiz:
    So you are a long term lurker but you have an inside joke with a reg here? I don't understand. Are you stalking them or something? This is weird. 
    I second this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Poor subject. 

It's an August mommies inside joke. If you read the article, it's about a woman winning a lawsuit against nutella because she thought it was healthy. 

I felt silly commenting on it because I don't post much, but it made me laugh and I thought others would appreciate it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh, I wasn't aware we had a joke about Nutella. I must have missed that. Entirely possible since I was away for a while. 

But I thought that the lawsuit was actually good. She didn't sue them because it made her fat, she sued them because they touted nutella as part of a nutritious breakfast, and it certainly is not. I have side eyed their commercials for a long time. I don't actually eat it because I am allergic to hazelnuts.  

• Options
    imageshanado:
    imageSarahPLiz:
    I second this.
    Ehh I don't think she meant any harm. Funny link!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMJL113:

Poor subject. 

It's an August mommies inside joke. If you read the article, it's about a woman winning a lawsuit against nutella because she thought it was healthy. 

I felt silly commenting on it because I don't post much, but it made me laugh and I thought others would appreciate it.

I think it's funny.  If you seriously think a chocolate-y hazelnut spread is healthy, then you are rediculous. Poolitical commercials are a good example of why advertisements shouldn't be taken too seriously anyways. You cant believe anything they really say in commercials. If they told the truth, nobody would ever buy anything! This lawsuit, to me, is like the McDonald's "hot coffee" lawsuit.

Flame away, SarahPLiz, but I appreciate the OP for posting this in jest. MJL, I wish you'd stick around.

::runs off to eat a spoonful of nutella now that I'm thinking about it!:: 

• Options

That is funny... ditto Tuna and the hot coffee comparison. A little common sense would go a long way in this population. But people are so damn litigious. It's no worse than all the commercials for those muffin egg breakfast thingys, or any cereal commercial.

And nutella does pop up in conversation around here a lot. 

• Options

I'm not flaming anyone. I think that monetary damages in this case were absolutely silly, but I see nothing wrong with a company being taken to court for false advertising. What they did was wrong and they need to stop and take a better look at what they are telling people and how they are selling it. Companies get taken to court for false advertising all the time, It keeps them more honest, I think.

Yes, there will be some embellishment in all advertisement, but there shouldn't be blatant lies.  

And I wasn't saying that MJL shouldn't post, not at all. I just thought it sounded weird the way she phrased it. And apparently I missed the Nutella love on here. My bad.  

• Options
    imageS-Tuna:
    imageMJL113:

Poor subject. 

I think it's funny.  If you seriously think a chocolate-y hazelnut spread is healthy, then you are rediculous. Poolitical commercials are a good example of why advertisements shouldn't be taken too seriously anyways. You cant believe anything they really say in commercials. If they told the truth, nobody would ever buy anything! This lawsuit, to me, is like the McDonald's "hot coffee" lawsuit.

Flame away, SarahPLiz, but I appreciate the OP for posting this in jest. MJL, I wish you'd stick around.

::runs off to eat a spoonful of nutella now that I'm thinking about it!:: 

This!  Anyone who can find humor in nutella is needed on the August Board.  Stay around, OP!!

• Options
    imageSarahPLiz:

Oh, I wasn't aware we had a joke about Nutella. I must have missed that. Entirely possible since I was away for a while. 

But I thought that the lawsuit was actually good. She didn't sue them because it made her fat, she sued them because they touted nutella as part of a nutritious breakfast, and it certainly is not. I have side eyed their commercials for a long time. I don't actually eat it because I am allergic to hazelnuts.  

Now this is where common sense comes into play...because anything can be considered "part of a nutritious breakfast," when paired with the correct items. I can make a Snickers part of a nutritious breakfast - it just doesnt have to be the nutritious part. Spread your Nutella on a slice of whole wheat toast, add an egg, some OJ and/or a glass of milk, and there you have it...your wholesome, nutritious breakfast...with a little dessert on your toast.

It's not false advertising, it's suggestive marketing.

And now I'm going to have toast with Nutella for breakfast. Thanks for the idea, OP!

Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

SarahPLiz, t&b is a nutella hater. You guys could eat plain toast together. ;)

(Please take this as a joke, not an offensive statement!) 

• Options

SPL, how did you miss the Nutella jokes if you are a regular on this board and even a lurker knew we had the hots for a chocolate hazelnut spread?  Calling out a lurker like that comes across as mean. It takes a lot of courage for some people to start posting on a board.  I would rather have people feel welcome to post rather than thinking that they're going to get flamed.  I'm sure there are a lot of awesome women out there who would be wonderful additions to our community who are stuck in lurking because they are afraid of situations just like this. 

MJL-stick around!  That was funny.   And post an intro (or reintro).  Tell us a little about yourself.  Big Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Um, I already said I didn't know because I was away for a while. And I don't eat it, so I guess I don't pay attention to it that much.

And I wasn't calling her out. I was questioning. I wasn't being mean, I asked a question. Plain and simple. When she explained, I was said that I must have missed that because I was away for a while. There was no flaming or making fun of or anything. The original post was weird to me, and I said it. Y'all are acting like I went after her with a pitchfork or something.  

• Options
    imageSarahPLiz:

Um, I already said I didn't know because I was away for a while. And I don't eat it, so I guess I don't pay attention to it that much.

And I wasn't calling her out. I was questioning. I wasn't being mean, I asked a question. Plain and simple. When she explained, I was said that I must have missed that because I was away for a while. There was no flaming or making fun of or anything. The original post was weird to me, and I said it. Y'all are acting like I went after her with a pitchfork or something.  

Yeahhh....it has been awhile since Nutella has come up around here. And it WAS weird the way OP phrased it, and SPL said she didn't mean any harm by it. I think everyone can just have a spoonful of nutella and calm down a little.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"