October 2011 Moms

iPhone-what's the big deal?

I'm so not a techie, by the way.   My DH finally upgraded his 5 year old Palm to a new iPhone.  I was playing around on it, and I guess I thought that it could do more since all I hear people talking about is iPhone this or iPhone that.  I downloaded Angry Birds and Bejeweled Blitz. 

Other than a new addiction to that stupid Bejeweled Blitz, I'm not seeing anything super cool yet.  What am I missing?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: iPhone-what's the big deal?

• I'm not a big fan of my iPhone. It's easier to use than the Droids I had but I'm pretty good with technology and things so that isn't a selling point for me.
  • I like the iPhone, its much easier to navigate, DH's droid is always acting up and he switched from iPhone to Droid.  He will probably switch back to the iPhone when he can upgrade later on.  DS and I Facetime with my aunt/sis/mom/cousin a lot so its easier that we all don't have to download a separate app to video conf. each other.

• Loading the player...
  • I am obsessed with mine. It is so easy to navigate, easier to email and post from.  My favorite apps: pandora (we have the stereo dock so I can play it and hear it on the whole first floor), flashlight, words with friends, Pinterest, etsy, google, amazon, zulily, scramble with friends, draw something...
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • I like mine a lot. But I have not much comparison, either.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm obsessed with mine because it just works and is supper easy to use. It's very much like a mini computer although there are some limitations and I still have to get on my real computer sometimes, but most of the time I can do everything I want on it. And like I said it just works every time I use it. Which is a huge step up from the palm I have been packing and using for the last couple years. That phone was a huge POS. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yea, maybe I just need to use it more.  We've only had it for about a week.  I try to cruise the app store, and I just give up and go back to that damned bejewled game.  I'm such a nerd.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My iPhone saved me $40 at BRU this weekend! I was able to access their website and get the web price for the car seat we wanted to buy in less than 1 minute. On my old phone (old technology wise) it was a pain in the butt to even get on the internet, check mail, etc.  That is probably why I find my iPhone so fabulous!
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"