August 2011 Moms

Puffs...

I bought our first container of Puffs the other day for DD.  DD currently has two bottom teeth and eats three solids meals per day (well, by solids I mean Stage 2 puree foods).  I am suddenly super nervous about giving her the puffs, concerned about choking.  The container said that they "melt" in babies mouth but I tried one and it involved some chewing.  Anyone give these when their LO only has two bottom teeth?  Thus far, she has had a banana smooshed up that she fed herself (and loved doing so), so I thought this would be a good next step.  Who is using these out there?  Thoughts?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Puffs...

• I've been giving these to DS for at least a month now. Probably more like 6 weeks. He is fine with them and his first tooth just broke through on Wednesday. I put 2-3 on the table in front of him and he picks them up and feeds them to himself. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Trust me your lo will do fine. DD chews steak and only has two teeth. Their gums are very powerful. They don't use front teeth for chewing anyway.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, your baby will not have a problem with puffs.

My toothless boy ate a raw apple wedge yesterday.  Their gums are pretty dang capable, trust. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My LO has only two bottom teeth and has been eating the just fine for almost two months. While they do melt some they don't just instantly dissolve so never let her eat them with out supervision.

My LO will stuff her mouth one after another with out fully chewing and that when she will gag on them. Even then she is fine but I know that it can be scary.
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • No teeth here either! We have been giving DD Puffs for maybe 6 weeks now. She also eats pretty much whatever we eat now in small pieces. We went to a pancake breakfast fundraiser this morning and she gnawed on a plain pancake.

They do dissolve if you wait a moment or two. If it gets lodged in the windpipe it might hurt but it certainly wouldn't be unsafe.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My pedi had actually recommended that we start with the yogurt bites because he believes they melt easier.  So far, no problems and LO loves them.  I have watched the process and the bites really do start to melt almost immediately.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our girls have 0 and 2 teeth and handle the puffs fine. In the last 2 weeks they've really learned to pick them up. One prefers mummums though.

Neither of them seem to like the yogurt thingies. I tried one (berry flavor) and it was gross...

• Lincoln has no teeth yet and he eats everything (except baby food purees, lol!) At his 9-month appt Friday I told the doctor how frustrating it was to cut his meat into microscopic pieces and he laughed and told me to trust him with bigger pieces. Within reason, of course. He eats fruits, veggies, cheerios, etc. My girlfriend's daughter didn't get teeth till she was FIFTEEN months so they had to trust their gut and give her food lonnnng before she had teeth. I am a scaredy cat but I just bit the bullet and gave him food. He was refusing the purees and he desperately wanted to eat so I had to cave. 
    imageimage
  • Our LO has two bottom teeth. At first when he had some puffs he gagged but then he got the hang of them. I am sure you will go through the same thing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"