Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Ups and Downs

This weekend was full of ups and downs.  Turned 6 months and began solids doing BLW.  He loved everything we offered him!  For breakfast we gave him toast sticks and some banana and for dinner some squash and steak.  He did really well.  So excited!

Unfortunately Saturday my DH and I had plans to see Wicked. It was my birthday gift from him, and our first night out alone since having LO.  Two hours before we were going to leave we noticed the signs of hand-foot-mouth on LO.  Poor little guy!  We thought he had missed that from daycare...guess not.  I ended up taking our babysitter to the show, turns out she was the only one that could go last minute since her plans had just been cancelled. :/

Anyone know some remedies for HFM? LO is mostly upbeat, but gets rightfully fussy.  I'd just like to relieve some of it. 

Thank goodness my MIL and FIL agreed to come up and watch the little guy during the week.  We've taken so much vacation time already for these things.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary

Re: Ups and Downs

• Options
    I can't speak for what may work for your LO, but I got HFM in December, from DD's daycare...somehow it missed her and came straight to me.  Speaking from what I was feeling, just some Tylenol to help with the fever and to hopefully take some of the pain away from swallowing.  The worst of mine only lasted about 3 days and then started going away on it's own after that.  Maybe some warm compresses on the hands and feet to help with the itching.  Other than that, i hope your LO feels better soon.  It's not a fun one to have since there is nothing you can really do to make it go away any sooner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thank you so much! I will try that tonight. :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"