LGBT Parenting

Update on meeting w/social worker

It went really well!  We connected right away, and she's super sweet. She said that nobody in our area wants babies or toddlers because the stipend doesn't cover day care (my mom will be babysitting for free).  She also said there aren't enough homes in our county, so we'll basically get first "dibs" on most kids.  Then she said that they almost always come in twos.  The last kicker: she said we could be ready by early June and to expect a phone call that day. 

!

Now I'm getting nervous! and I really want to go shopping.  

Re: Update on meeting w/social worker

• so exciting!!! i'm really thrilled for you :)

are you working with an agency or directly with the state/county?

• We're working directly with the county. Our home-finder is the same person who would be calling us with placements during the week, too, so it's nice to know that she'll know us :)  I keep remind myself that it's also possible that a phone call won't come for months, but you know, I gotsa be prepared!  I need dipes!  Now my teeth just need to cooperate so I can stop giving my paycheck to the dentist.  *sigh*  Se la vie.
  • Loading the player...
  • How exciting! YAY!!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • That is SO exciting!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I am so excited for you! June is right around the corner. Eek!
  • HOW EXCITING for you! 
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Awesome! That's so exciting!
    IUI #1 (50 mg clomid and ovidrel) - BFN
    IUI #2 (100 mg clomid and HCG trigger) - BFN
    IUI #3 (Gonal-f and HCG trigger) - BFN
    IVF #1 - 21 retrieved, 20 mature, 15 fertilized (ICSI), 2 d5 blasts transferred, 8 frozen - c/p
    FET #1 - BFFN
    FET #2 - BFN? c/p? Either way no baby
    FET #3 - No shock...BFN
    FET #4 - BFN :-(
    Surgery and TTC cancelled - pursuing surrogacy
    7/31/12 Surrogate got a +HPT!!!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks, everyone!  It's getting really real! lol
  • Yay!  Are you guys seeking foster to adopt, or focusing on fostering?  Either way it's exciting!!  I hope you get awesome kid(s) very quickly.  :)
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • hlkehlke member
    Wow, so excited for you guys!
    Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • imageKershnic:
    Yay!  Are you guys seeking foster to adopt, or focusing on fostering?  Either way it's exciting!!  I hope you get awesome kid(s) very quickly.  :)

Our program is foster only, but of course those kids could eventually be TPRd and we're totally open to adoption!  I just want to be a mom and really don't care how our kids come to us.  We're still TTC for the forseeable future, too.  FX!  Hey, I'm going to PM you.

• Whee!!! That's great news! What an exciting month you have ahead of you...shopping and prepping! Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"