Nurseries and Baby Gear

sunscreen?

Can you recommend a good sunscreen for babies?
Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: sunscreen?

• You aren't supposed to use sunscreen on babies younger than 6 months, but here's a good list of safer sunscreens (the 2012 list isn't out yet) 

https://safemama.com/cheatsheets/sunscreen/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • that is what i thought to. Then I read that it was safer to put it on babies vs. not protecting them. so i'm still on the fence on if i'm going to or not.

most likely the baby will be out of the sun anyway

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have Mustela.  I made the mistake with my son when he was 3 months old to not put sunscreen on him at an outside croquet party.  He got a sunburned, and I had to put a lot of aloe and lotion on him and eventually it faded. 

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2585713

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • we use badger on her and us, but check with your pedi before 6 months and use hats too regardless
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• imageRedheadBaker:

Look for a sunblock with active ingredients of titanium oxide or zinc oxide -- they physically block out the sun with minerals, rather than chemicals, so they are safe for babies of all ages. 

Brands like Neutrogena Pure & Simple Baby; Blue Lizard, Badger, or California Baby.  

The above brands are what we use and I do put sunblock on my children when they are younger than 6 months.  We are outside a lot and I'd rather use sunblock than have a burnt baby. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageRedheadBaker:

Look for a sunblock with active ingredients of titanium oxide or zinc oxide -- they physically block out the sun with minerals, rather than chemicals, so they are safe for babies of all ages. 

Brands like Neutrogena Pure & Simple Baby; Blue Lizard, Badger, or California Baby.  

Yup.

I use Neutrogena on my DD and I like it, plus it's a reasonably priced option.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Neutrogena Pure and Free Baby

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Check out this website for recommendations https://breakingnews.ewg.org/2011sunscreen/

I use California Baby and Badger Baby and both rate a 1 (best).

Neutrogena Pure and Free rates a 3.

And, like PP said, it's much better for baby to wear sunblock before 6 months than not wear it!

Cricket's Cadence
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"