October 2011 Moms
Options

daycare naps vs. at home

So DS started daycare last week. He appears to take two naps there. One is 1-1.5 hours and the other is 30 minutes. They let him CIO at daycare. I am not really 100% comfortable with this (and don't do it at home) but I understand that they can't spend hours getting him to sleep (and they can't nurse him to sleep which is what I do). According to his chart it only takes a few minutes of CIO to work (like 3-5) which makes me feel better. 

So, I decided to try this at home to see if he would fall asleep by himself as quickly, and he did not. I have no issue with our current nap strategy at home, but I was wondering if it is confusing to him to have two different nap methods. 

Am I right in thinking that he can realize that mom puts me to sleep one way and these other people do this other way?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: daycare naps vs. at home

• Options
    Unless he suddenly has an issue napping either at home or day care I wouldn't worry about it. Babies are a lot smarter than people give them credit for. He knows you nurse him so sleep so he expects it. He knows that doesn't happen at daycare so he doesn't need.
  • Options
    My husband and I put A down in different ways and there is no issue with it whatsoever. It takes about the same time and he sleeps the same length. I am pretty sure babies know that they get different treatment from different people and that's ok.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will admit I secretly hope that eventually at daycare he will go down with no fuss and then do the same for  me! ha ha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    O goes down at daycare no problem. It's not always quite so easy at home.  I think what the PP said about knowing what you'll do for them (whether its nursing, walking, rocking, etc) make a difference.  Smart little suckers. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"