Two Under 2

For C-section Moms....

When you had your c-section, how long after did your doctor say it would be safe to get pregnant again? Also, did you have a repeat c-section or VBAC?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For C-section Moms....

• My dr didn't say I had to wait any certain amount of time. I got my BFP for #2 on the day DD1 turned six months old, and it was fine. My dr had no concerns. I had a repeat c/s. My dr would have let me try for VBAC if I wanted to though.

• I got the clearance to start ttc whenever I felt ready at my 6 week checkup.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor recommended waiting TTGP 1 year pp, but we were surprised to find out we were expecting again after not even 6 months.  One doctor in my practice stated I could try for VBAC and another said she doesn't recommend VBAC and repeat c/s is safest. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't ask because we were not sure we would have another baby-- surprise!

I got my BFP when LO was 10 months.  So far no complications.  I was offered a VBAC however I am high risk and the conditions needed to me to meet their requirements for a VBAC are pretty much impossible.  This is fine with me though as I am very happy with having an RCS.

• We had infertility issues so both my OB and RE said that if I got pregnant again right away we'd deal with it gladly.

I had a repeat section but was offered a VBAC with a 17 month spacing between kids.

The risk of uterine rupture is not as substantial as they once thought it was and the guide lines that were once recommended have been relaxed quite a bit.

Not saying uterine rupture isn't a real risk - just saying it's not as prevalent as once thought.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • My Dr. said a year, but I got pregnant when my older daughter was 10 months old. 

After I had my first my Dr. walked into my hospital room 2 days after she was born and told me I could have a VBAC with my next child if I wanted.  It did not happen as my second was also breech and 8 weeks early. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • a year is ideal they said, but they didn't say sooner was "unsafe". They let me try for a VBAC. It failed but had nothing to do w/ the time between pregnancies. My kids are 17 months apart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB had said 6 months was fine.  We had an "oopsie daisy" and I became pregnant when DS was 3 months old.  I had a repeat c-section.  Everything went well.
  • My office for a vbac likes 12 months between pregancies and prefers 18 months between. I didn't want a vbac and got pg 6 months after ds1 was born with ds2. My ob didn't really think anything of it. I got pg this time 11 months after ds2 was born
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was told 6 moths was ok but 18 months was best. I lost my first after a c-section due to other health issues she had that was in June of 2009 and my DS was born in Feb of 2011 and they would have let me go VBAC which is what i wanted but after being 5 days late i had a c-section again. and this time we will have to have another c-section because we dont want to risk anything incase we want more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"