Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Moving

We're moving in July, and I'm starting to get really nervous!! AHhhhh!! DS just had a fever yesterday, 102.9, and it broke today, so I'm probably more stressed out then normal. But I was just sitting here thinking, holy crap, how in the heck am I going to get this entire apartment packed up with a baby around demanding my attention?

Does anyone have any tips for moving with baby?

Re: Moving

• Isn't there anyone that can watch the baby (daycare, sitter, friends, or family)? I just finished working on Friday, and I need to sell off all my furniture, pack and move from AZ to Ohio ... in 2 weeks. I am keeping my baby in daycare for a few days while I furiously pack. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did it when DS was 8 months old while caring for 2 other kids during the week, but it was a little stressful.  I packed little by little while DS slept at night.  I packed all things that were not necessities weeks before and took off two days before the move (so did DH) and we took turns packing while caring for DS.  I actually found that it made me go through everything we owned and I got rid of things that we never used.  We only moved across the city, so I knew I could go back and forth if I needed to.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I had 11 days to pack my house, find another one, and move into the one I stay in now, so I know the panicky feeling, but I packed whenever I had a quiet moment.  Mainly at night while DD was sleeping, but it got done.....now unpacking....that's a different story!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • imagetikitomban:
    Isn't there anyone that can watch the baby (daycare, sitter, friends, or family)? I just finished working on Friday, and I need to sell off all my furniture, pack and move from AZ to Ohio ... in 2 weeks. I am keeping my baby in daycare for a few days while I furiously pack. 

I live in Ohio :)  I was thinking about asking MIL to watch DS for a day or two to get everything packed up when we get to moving day. We don't have a sitter, and we don't use daycare, so it's either got to be MIL or my mom. Our lease is up at this apartment on July 30th, which is a Monday, so I guess I could get either mom to watch him over the weekend..... maybe. Weekends are so crazy in the summer time!

GL with your move though, I would be freaking out!! lol

• imagepam1005:
    I did it when DS was 8 months old while caring for 2 other kids during the week, but it was a little stressful.  I packed little by little while DS slept at night.  I packed all things that were not necessities weeks before and took off two days before the move (so did DH) and we took turns packing while caring for DS.  I actually found that it made me go through everything we owned and I got rid of things that we never used.  We only moved across the city, so I knew I could go back and forth if I needed to.  

I just started going through DS's closet today.... I'm having a really hard time with getting rid of things. Especially his things. Like he has a piggy bank, and a football bank that were both gifts...... Keep them both? Keep one, box and store the other one for baby no. 2 someday? Get rid of one? Which one? Lol. I hate getting rid of perfectly good stuff. :(  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"