Toddlers: 24 Months+

If you had an IUD and then had it removed...?

Did you notice an increase in your sex drive?

I can't shake the nagging feeling that my Mirena is at the root of some of the issues I've been dealing with both in and out of the bedroom. I have very little sex drive and then when I do feel like doing the deed, my enjoyment is extremely deminished. I've also been dealing with some anxiety, stress and minor depression. I know that it can all be related to other things, but I keep wondering if maybe the Mirena is part of the issue....

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: If you had an IUD and then had it removed...?

• Yes, I experienced all of those things and more... once I had my Mirena out, the spinal headaches disappeared and the other issues (no sex drive, depression, anxiety, mood swings, etc) seemed to fade over several weeks (8+ before I started to really feel like myself). I had mine removed mid January and I can say now I feel "normal." Its such a HUGE difference!

Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • I had mine out in Feb when I had my tubes tied, and I also noticed a huge difference.  For me, it was the crazy mood swings.  I finally felt more balanced and in control.   When I had the Mirena in, I felt like I could lose my temper every second of the day.

The sex drive also changed dramatically.  I actually wanted it after it was taken out, versus dh having to beg for it.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageShayna0182:

The sex drive also changed dramatically.  I actually wanted it after it was taken out, versus dh having to beg for it.  

YAY! So there's hope for me! I've had mine for about 2 years and plan on having mine taken out in July.

• Thanks for the responses ladies! I just called and made an appointment to have it removed. I'm really hoping this will be helpful to resolving some of my issues. I know that there are certain things that will probably not be resolved, but I've got to do something. I am so tired of feeling this way all the time!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Dr.Pizzo said "In a questionnaire of almost 18,000 women on a progestin intrauterine device (IUD) like Mirena, roughly 40% endorsed experiencing "sexual disinterest" at least once. The manufacturer claims "decreased sex drive" occurs in 5% of users. It is very rarely stated as a reason for discontinuing an IUD. Decreased sex drive in women may have multiple causes that are best addressed with your doctor."

https://www.healthtap.com/user_questions/52581-is-there-any-correlation-between-use-of-iuds-mirena-in-particular-and-loss-of-sex-drive-if-so-what-are-ways-to-improve-this 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"