Late Term and Child Loss

I am babysitting this Friday

One of DH's best friends is coming in town from STL this weekend for a wedding that he is in on Friday.  We aren't going to the wedding, but a lot of our mutual friends will be there so we are pretty much the only people he knows in Louisville who are free this Friday night. 

Their babysitter fell through at the last minute, so he asked DH and I to babysit  their 3 year old and 7 month old while they are at the wedding. 

At first, I was shocked that he had the balls to ask us to babysit after everything that has happened.  Then I thought about it some more, and I actually started to get excited about it.  I guess I am happy that our friends are still the same as they always were.  They have all been sensitive and compassionate throughout our journey, but they also still treat us like we are normal people.  It is refreshing.  A year ago, Tyler would have never thought twice about asking us to watch his kids in an emergency situation.  It is comforting to me that he still feels comfortable enough with us to do so now.

Sorry for rambling on so much, I just had an epiphany and I thought I would share :) 

My angel Avery- 2/16/12, My rainbow Blake= 3/4/13, Joyfully awaiting #3 5/11/15

Re: I am babysitting this Friday

• I'm so proud of you, and I'm so glad that you feel like you are still being treated the way you used to be.  I know it does sometimes feel like everyone treats you with kid gloves, or gives you the sad eyes all the time...and sometimes you just want them to treat you the way they used to.  I hope the babysitting goes well, this is a big step for you two!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • That's a huge step! I'm very proud of you and YH. Let us know how it goes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies!   

My angel Avery- 2/16/12, My rainbow Blake= 3/4/13, Joyfully awaiting #3 5/11/15
  • I understand what you mean about wanting to be treated "normal." I'm glad you have supportive people in your life.
    My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

type 1 diabetic for 7 years. Been on the pump for 6 years.
  • Glad to know,I think baby sitting is very necessary activity and might be done by expecting moms as they know how to treat their own babies and what type of problem they can face.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"