Pregnant after 35

success after injectables and iui?

Hi all! i've got unexplained infertiliy. At 34 I had DS (got BFP first month we tried...all naturally). BFP #2 when DS was 1 yr. old (again all naturally), ended up being a blighted ovum...i had a D&C around 9 weeks. BFP #3 about 6 months later(again all naturally), ended up a chemical preg. I haven't been able to get preg since and that was a year ago. I'm now 37, have had 3 IUIs, all with clomid (even though I'm able to produce 2 follicles on my own each cycle and have reg cycles, hormone levels, and ovulate on my own)...all BFN. I'm going to do injectables + IUI this cycle. Any success stories out there? Any similar stories out there? Could REALLY use some hopeful words from gals in my situation or similar situations!

p.s. my tickers aren't correct...but i don't know how to change them! :(

8/09 DS born, pregnant 1st try with him...he's perfect. 8/10 BFP, 1st try...Blighted Ovum. D&C 10/10. 4/11 BFP...Chemical Pregnancy. 5/12 BFP...FHR 110 at 7 weeks, measured only 6 weeks. No heartbeat at 8 weeks. Miscarriage. 3 IUI cycles with clomid. all BPN. 4th IUI cycle with injectables (follistim 75iu & ovidrel). BFP, ending in miscarriage.

Re: success after injectables and iui?

• I did two IUIs with just clomid without success (at age 36).  Years later I did an IUI with just Femara which didn't work either.  I did, however, have luck using Femara and adding in some Follistim (at age 39).  So, it wasn't a full-on injectables cycle but it worked for us.

We had the hardest time having our second child.  I hope your IUI works.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• I did two IUI's with Gonal F injections and got pregnant both times. I lost both though because I had a clotting disorder brought on by pregnancy that they didn't know about. I am pregnant again and now take blood thinners and a shot of heprin every night and so far this pregnancy has been great. I took gonal with this pregnancy too but did IVF this time. Im almost 41 by the way. Let me know if you have any questions about injectables!!

Best of luck and baby dust!!

• Loading the player...
  • First time we got of on our own, first try.  I was 37.  This time we tried for a year on our own then did two rounds of IUI with Clomid and hcg trigger shot.  Got go first time but it was chemical.  Got pg second time and so far so good.  I am 40 and will be 41 in May.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm 39 and was diagnosed with unexplained.  I've done 3 IUI cycles, all with injectables.  Had two chemical pregnancies - one on an IUI cycle, one naturally.  On our 3rd IUI, I got a strong BFP at 9dpiui. Now I'm 10w3d. :)  So there's definitely hope. 

One suggestion is to discuss with your RE about going on progesterone (endometrin, crinone, etc).  This helps your uterine lining to be nice and thick, giving a fertilized egg something to "latch" onto.  Since you, like me, didn't have a problem conceiving but rather trouble having a sticky baby, maybe it will help.  Even if you don't need progesterone, it doesn't hurt to be on them as a just in case - my doctor said I didn't need it but he prescribed them anyways. 

EDD = Nov 22, 2012....Thanksgiving Day!!

FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family image

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy due date

• thanks ladies! i appreciate the stories so much and am VERY hopeful! yes, my RE is having me take prometrium after my IUI cycles, and will have me stay on it for about 8 weeks or so after BFP, even though my lining has been thick without on the ultrasounds i've had. i assume it's just as a procaution because of the 2 m/c i've had.
    8/09 DS born, pregnant 1st try with him...he's perfect. 8/10 BFP, 1st try...Blighted Ovum. D&C 10/10. 4/11 BFP...Chemical Pregnancy. 5/12 BFP...FHR 110 at 7 weeks, measured only 6 weeks. No heartbeat at 8 weeks. Miscarriage. 3 IUI cycles with clomid. all BPN. 4th IUI cycle with injectables (follistim 75iu & ovidrel). BFP, ending in miscarriage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"