Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Mirena Removal

Hi Ladies. So I have had my mirena for 2 years and plan on getting it removed at my annual exam in a couple of weekz. I have heard about bad side effects with removing it. Has anyone had experiences they would like to share? I am not sure what to expect. Also, I didn't mention that I want it removed when I made my appt. Is that something they need to know ahead of time? Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Mirena Removal

• Options
    my friend had hers removed with no ill effects.  She said it literally took 2 seconds so no, I think you can tell them at the appt
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've had two mirenas. One before ds and one after. My most recent one came out in about one second no issues. Periods were normal in two cycles. My first one, the strings were cut too short and the iud migrated up into my uterus. The doc tried to remove it under u/s guidance in the office but no go. I had to go j set anesthesia and have it removed with hysteroscopic guidance. Apparently it had started growing into the lining of my uterus. I was back at work the next day and on iboprofen for cramping. Cycles normal in 2 cycles. I plan on getting another mirena after LO is born. 
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't even know when he had taken it out..it's a lot smoother than putting it in. I had light bleeding for two days after, than got my period about 2 weeks after removal. I would think that you could bring it up at your appt and they would remove it..there wasn't any special setup or anything, just the forceps to reach and grab the strings. 
    DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies! It hurt like hell when they inserted it so I was a little concerned about having it removed. Hopefully I have nothing to worry about...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had mine taken out when I had my tubes tied, so I was asleep.  I didn't notice any unusual cramping or anything. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"