Working Moms

Any one work 3rd shift?

Hi I've been lurking on this board for awhile because I knew I would be going back to work soon well I just got a job this week and I start on Monday and it will be 3rd shift.

I'm just wondering what time do you usually get up during the day and go get your kids from daycare and also what your diet is like. When do you eat breakfast, lunch, dinner. I'm really trying to lose weight and I think working on this shift is going to make it harder. I haven't worked in about 3 years so this is going to be a big change. Any advice would be wonderful, Thanks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any one work 3rd shift?

• Hello! Ive been working 1130pm to 730am for about 5 years now. I went part time though after DD was born. I work 2 to 3 days per week, including every other weekend. DH has to leave for work by 730 so he gets her up around 630, feeds her and takes her to daycare around 7. I come home, have a little breakfast like cereal or an English muffin and sleep from about 9 to 330. I usually pick her up by 430. I actually lost weight when I started nights. I work In a hospital and the cafeteria isn't open at night so I'm forced to bring my own lunch. I always include some fruit and usually make a pb &j or have a frozen meal like healthy choice, lean cuisine, etc. I usually eat around 130am then bring some Greek yogurt to have around 530am so I am not starving by the time I get home. I think that is the key. Have something high in protein/fiber like peanut butter, whole grain bread or Greek yogurt so you don't feel like you have to have "dinner" when you get home. I eat dinner with my husband at regular dinner time and maybe have something small before heading to work. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Kansas City Mamas
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"