Preemies
Options

New to Board

Hi Everyone, 

I have been on the bump throughout my pregnancy (my first!).  Last Saturday I went into pre-term labor at 27 weeks.  My little one decided to come early and joined us in this world last night at 10:09 pm. She is 2 lbs. 4 oz. and doing quite well despite the circumstances.  She is so precious and we feel so blessed.  

Of course you never really go into pregnancy thinking you will have a premature baby, so I have not done a lot of reading up on it so my husband and I are still a little lost.  It's so new we are taking it day by day; thank goodness for the hospital staff, they have gone beyond to keep us informed and comfortable during this time.  I am looking forward to chatting with all of you on this board and having a good support group.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New to Board

• Options
    Congrats and welcome.  I gave birth to my boys a little over three weeks ago at 29w4d.  Were you on mag and steroid shots?  It's amazing how time in the nicu both flies and stands still.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options

Congrats and welcome here.  Having a preemie is no easy thing and the NICU is such a roller coaster ride.  Check out the preemie blog (link on the top of the board) for lots of good info and other preemie succes stories.  Take care!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your new little one!  I had my son just over 5 weeks ago when he was 25 weeks exactly.  Welcome to the board.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Congrats mommy! and welcome to the board - its not where any of us wanted to be but I'm glad I found my way here - there is so much support and these ladies are amazing! My DD was born 22w 5d and is now one year old!

image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    DrRxDrRx member

Congratulations on your LO! My daughter was born at 26w2days and we just discharged from the hospital yesterday after almost 12 weeks! As a PP said, time in the NICU both flies and stands still.  Remember that it is a roller coaster ride, and to enjoy the good days and try not to focus on the bad days.  Also, it is a marathon and not a sprint. 

GL in your journey!

TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Congrats on your baby!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    Congratulations and welcome! None of us thought we'd be here - you'll have good company! In my siggy you'll find a link to a blog a bunch of us made. I hope you'll find comfort in it and consider sharing your story when you're ready. There is also a link you should send to family and friends so they'll know how to help you. It's a long and bumpy ride but you don't have to do it alone <3
  • Options
    Congrats on your LO! I had DS at 26 weeks almost 4 years ago and he was in the NICU for awhile, but he is doing so well now. Just finishing up his first year of preschool. Taking it day by day is a really good idea. Honestly, I tried to stay away from reading NICU stuff in books or online because it made everything scarier for me. If you need anything, this is a pretty good group of people to lean on and ask questions to.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Welcome, mama!  My first child arrived at 25 weeks, and my second arrived at 35 weeks.  We are all here for you to talk to, so keep us posted!  Congratulations!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Welcom, and congrats on your new baby. My son was born at 34 weeks and 3 lbs. Like every other pp has said, the nicu time both stands still and flies by.. it's been 3 weeks since my son was born. I unlike alot of the pps, knew I was going to have a preemie and be in the nicu, since 21 weeks I knew we would end up here. let me tell you, even with 13 weeks notice, I still wasnt prepared for exhausting it can be ( also rewarding{f and what an emotional roller coaster it can be. see if your nicu has a therapist who comes to your room & talks to you, mine does and it helps out so much. good luck momma!
    My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your lo! Please ask us any questions you may have. Praying for a uneventful NICU stay. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"