Toddlers: 24 Months+

Recordable storybooks

Anyone have these?  If so, which story do you recommend and how is the quality?

Re: Recordable storybooks

• My dad lives out of state, and he has done these a couple of times for my daughter.  One of them recorded really well and she "reads" it all the time...the other, I don't know, it had some sort of glitch and now it only "reads" two of the pages, no matter how many times you flip to the next page. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They are not as cute as you would think.  You have to hold them perfectly flat, and, weirdly, they only work in the light.  They might be ok with an older child, but my toddler rarely holds a book that still.  
  • Loading the player...
  • We have two. The Elmo one skips pages and gets stuck on the same page. Also just know that once the batteries die, you lose the recording. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have three.  Some work better than others.  DS broke the spine on the older ones and they now have to be held 'just right' to work.  Replacing batteries when they've started to misbehave has helped (and we've never lost a recording)  all ours are the Hallmark brand.  It does have to be light though and I really end up turning the pages for DS rather than him reading on his own.
  • imageMrs.BoomBoom:
    We have three.  Some work better than others.  DS broke the spine on the older ones and they now have to be held 'just right' to work.  Replacing batteries when they've started to misbehave has helped (and we've never lost a recording)  all ours are the Hallmark brand.  It does have to be light though and I really end up turning the pages for DS rather than him reading on his own.

all this. and the first book we were given the person who recorded forgot to "lock" the recorder after, so now each page has different DD and DS noises instead of words, haha.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesaturdaynightdoubletree:

imageMrs.BoomBoom:
    We have three.  Some work better than others.  DS broke the spine on the older ones and they now have to be held 'just right' to work.  Replacing batteries when they've started to misbehave has helped (and we've never lost a recording)  all ours are the Hallmark brand.  It does have to be light though and I really end up turning the pages for DS rather than him reading on his own.

all this. and the first book we were given the person who recorded forgot to "lock" the recorder after, so now each page has different DD and DS noises instead of words, haha.

Ha ha, we actually had one book that recorded the other book because one wasn't locked and he liked to read both at the same time.  Sometimes I also have issue with him wanting to push the buttons instead of just listening
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"