3rd Trimester
Options

SO Frustrating!!

I woke up in the middle of the night with menstrual like contractions. I was kind of able to sleep through them though. My MIL is in town and when I got up she told me to start timing them. So I did and they were about 5 minutes apart. I waited until like 4 PM and the pain was so bad, me and DH went into Labor and Delivery. The nurse told me I was only 1-2 cm dilated and sent me home saying I wasn't in active labor yet. However the contractions have still not stopped, they are still 5 min or less apart and still VERY painful! I don't know when I am supposed to go back! If this isn't active labor, I don't know what it is! Plus I have been having non stop contractions ever since I woke up and it is now 8 PM. I don't know what to do! I am in so much pain! I am also Strep B positive, so I need antibiotics for 4 hours before I deliver, so I am scared of waiting too long. But I don't want to go back in there for them to just look at me dumb and be like we told you that you weren't in active labor. Please help!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: SO Frustrating!!

• Options

A big portion of our childbirth class was about when to come in to the hospital. If they said you aren't in active labor, they supposedly walking should help the contractions to subside or slow down. Hope it works for you!

June 2012 Mom (2.5 yr old boy), July 2015 Mom (team green), Babywearing newbie/enthusiast
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Uhg, that does sound frustrating! Did you let them know you are group B+?

Don't know if this helps at all, but at my childbirth class I was told to come in at 5-1-1, meaning:

Contracts are 5 minutes apart

Lasting 1 minute or longer

For at least 1 hour

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went to L&D with my last pregnancy and got sent home while in pain.  It was frustrating but for me the contractions actually ending up stopping so I wouldn't have made any progress.  Before they sent me home the nurse told me to take a warm bath and then lay in bed and try to sleep.  She said you won't sleep through true labor.  I thought I would never be able to sleep but suprisingly enough I was able to.  I would try a walk first to see if it increases your contractions.   If it doesn't try a warm bath and try to get some sleep.
    CafeMom Tickers Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"