Babies on the Brain
Options

I know everyone says this

but last night when dh was holding our friend's 4 month old and making him laugh I about melted. So friggen' cute. 

He plays with their 2 year old, but he doesn't interact as much with the baby (which I think is common of guys),  but he actually wanted to hold the baby and it was so sweet.  Then he got the baby laughing and who doesn't love baby laughs? No one.  Everyone loves a baby laugh.

I thought after we straightened out our insurance issues dh would be okay with me stopping birth control pills and using a non-hormonal method but I guess he's not quite there yet. But he actually said maybe this fall, which is the first time he's ever given me an approximate date. So he's coming around. It's not quite the answer I wanted, but I also don't want to pressure him, and if he's not ready he's not ready.  So I just have to accept that. 

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I know everyone says this

• Options
    My husband and I went through this, too. It's frustrating when you know that you are ready. (Sometimes I feel like I've been ready since I hit puberty, although realistically it's good I waited a SMIDGE longer than that!) Even now, my hubs finally agreed for me to get off the pill a few months ago, and we agreed to start trying in June. (I'm a teacher and I REALLY want to time it right so that I can HOPEFULLY give birth a month or two before school gets out for the summer.) Still, I worry that he's going to freak out at the last second and not be able to perform, or pull out, or change his mind... or, like I once saw on a lifetime movie, crush up birth control pills and secretly put them in my coffee... yikes! Still, just hearing that he is starting to come around and that he wants to hold babies is promising and exciting! There's nothing quite like watching your husband with someone else's kid and thinking about what a great dad he'll be! And I think you're right, I try not to be too pushy because I don't want him to feel resentful or uncomfortable... I want it to simply be a happy thing when it happens. Hang in there!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"