Adoption

Intro

Hi Ladies, I intro'd a while back and have mostly been lurking since as my DH and I decided whether to move forward with adoption or continue IF treatments.  Well, after a few more failed cycles, we have officially moved forward with domestic adoption and signed up with an agency a couple of weeks ago.  We are really excited and hope to be home study complete by the end of June...all fingers and toes crossed!  Our first SW appt is on May 12th.  I look forward to "meeting" you all!  My DH and I have been saying a lot lately that after dealing with IF these last couple of years it's really nice to have hope again!  :) 

TTC since March 2010, BFP #1 11.09.10, ectopic, m/c 12.14.10 (10w)
Clomid + TI=BFN, IUIs 1-6= BFN
Application for domestic adoption submitted 4/18/12, matched 8/12/12, DD born 10/31/12

Re: Intro

• Welcome!  I remember that feeling well.  IF treatments were complete hell.   I'm so much happier now that I'm not pumping my body full of crazy hormones just to be disappointed month after month.

I didn't think the homestudy process or the paperwork was that hard.  Waiting is definitely difficult, but still not as bad as IF treatments.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome and congrats! GL as you move forward, and post often :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats and welcome!! It's an amazing feeling to finally have hope again!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH and I felt the same kind of relief and hope when we decided to move onto adoption after 2 failed IVFs. Welcome and Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"