Nurseries and Baby Gear

Sakura Bloom or Ergo baby carrier?

Hi everyone. I am trying to decide between getting the sakura bloom ring sling or the ergo baby carrier and having a hard time.

Does anyone have any experiences with these and can you share your thoughts of them and any recommendations? I would greatly appreciate it:) 

Re: Sakura Bloom or Ergo baby carrier?

• Both! I love my ring sling with my newborn, and am about to purchase a soft structured carrier (a Beco, not an Ergo, but very similar). In my opinion, they serve totally different purposes. A ring sling is quick and fits a lot of ages, but not as supportive and can get painful being one shouldered.

Newborns and young infants don't fit in the Ergo without an insert, which can get hot. But carriers like the Ergo are comfortable and supportive for heavier babies/toddlers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I only know the Ergo.  We have the Sport.  We started with the infant insert.  DH wanted to wear DD from the beginning, and we weren't getting a sling.  DH wore DD at 3 days old in the Ergo.  From there, we wore her a lot!  We haven't worn her in a few months, because she wants to walk everywhere, but the last time she had to be something close to 27 lbs.  (She's 20m old now.)  It's always been comfortable and easy to use.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagellizzyb:

Both! I love my ring sling with my newborn, and am about to purchase a soft structured carrier (a Beco, not an Ergo, but very similar). In my opinion, they serve totally different purposes. A ring sling is quick and fits a lot of ages, but not as supportive and can get painful being one shouldered.

Newborns and young infants don't fit in the Ergo without an insert, which can get hot. But carriers like the Ergo are comfortable and supportive for heavier babies/toddlers.

exactly this. the ring sling was fantastic in the beginning (i have a sakura bloom and loved it). it was quick and easy and convenient.

now that he's older i use my beco butterfly II since he's more mobile and prefers a back carry.  

Anniversary

• I loved the moby until DS was 3 months old, then we moved to the Ergo with insert and never went back.  When I found a good deal on a Beco Butterfly II, I got that and haven't gone back to the Ergo.  I like the Ergo better than the Beco for front carries and the Beco better than the Ergo for back carries.  DS is awkward to carry in the front now, so the Beco with the panel between the child and parent is awesome for getting him in position for a back carry.

Personally, I'm not a fan of single-shoulder weight carriers.   

TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • These are really two different ballgames. Ring slings are great for around the house, short outings, etc. If you need to wear your baby for longer periods, want to go on long walks, etc, the Ergo is the way to go. (Although I personally prefer my Beco Gemini to the Ergo)

• Thanks ladies! I am now thinking about getting both. I never heard of the beco until now so maybe I'll check that out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"