Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

what is your feedig schedule?

can you tell me your feeding schedule if you are doing veggies/fruit anf oatmeal/rice how much are you doing and at what time of the day
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what is your feedig schedule?

• Options
    mrl02mrl02 member

We started solids just shy of five months.  When we started, it was just once a day and just a little bit.  But, within a month or so we were on the schedule we are on now. I have been gradually weaning to bottles (due to a supply issue I once overcame resurfacing).  But, this is where we stand now. 

7 or 7:30:  wake up, nurse

8:30:  2 tablespoons of oatmeal mixed with almost 2 ounces of formula, 2 ounces fruit, 2 ounces vegetable (2 ounces is about half a jar or 2 cubes of homemade and frozen)

10 or 10:30: 5 ounce bottle

1:30:  5 ounce bottle or nurse

4:30:  5 ounce bottle

6:30:  same as breakfast, but sometimes replace vegetable with meat

7:30:  nurse

We tried rice cereal at the beginning, but found it very constipating so switched to oatmeal which has been fine.  

We are just starting to try a bit of finger food, but are in the very early stages.  

• Options

She eats a 2.5oz jar of green veggies in the AM around 8:30. She drinks BM at 7am and 10am. She will eat another 2.5oz jar of orange veggies in the PM around 7:30. She drinks BM at 6:30 and 9:00pm.

We started solids at 5.5 months and skipped cereals altogether. We went straight to green veggies, then orange veggies. We would give her 1/3 of a jar in the AM on the weekends at first, then slowly moved to 1/2 a jar in the PM on the weekdays. After she started eating a whole jar in the PM for a week or two, we had daycare give her a jar in the AM as well.

We will probably start fruits when she is 7 months next week.

My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Bottle when he wakes up (7 am)

Sonetimes he will still be hungry and we do a fruit around 8 or 9

Bottle around 10

For lunch he will snack on my food or have another fruit (around 11-12)

Bottke usually around 1

Around 3 he goes down for his long nap for the day and will get a bottle at that time also

Dinner is a veggie and/or food off my playe

Bedtime bottle is around 7 

• Options
    Sorry for the typos, posting from my phone. 

• Options

We started solids at 6 months and have worked our way up to three solids meals per day.  Our schedule is:

Cereal/Pears washed down with a bottle for breakfast

10am 8oz bottle

12ish meat solids and vegetable solids washed down with a bottle

2pm 8oz bottle

5ish meat solids and vegetable solids washed down with a bottle

7:30 8oz bottle and bed

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Lo started solids just before he turned 5 months.  This is a typical day for him...times vary slightly depending on his sleep patterns.

6ish nurse

7ish 2 oz oatmeal mixed with 2 oz fruit

9ish nurse

11ish nurse

12ish 2 oz veggie and 2 oz fruit

1ish nurse

3ish nurse

5ish 1 oz meat, 1 oz veggie, 2 oz fruit

6ish nurse

He still wakes around 11ish and then again around 3ish to nurse at night. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"