Stay at Home Moms

goat cheese pizza ideas

I picked up some great goat cheese (soft, not aged) and fresh tomatoes at the farmer's market. I want to make a nice fresh pizza/flatbread. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: goat cheese pizza ideas

• imageKateB1984:
    No ideas for pizza/flatbread, but this week I've become addicted to a new salad combo: fresh spring greens, thinly sliced red onion, walnuts, fresh raspberries and crumbled soft goat cheese. I serve it with balsamic vinegrette. So good.

Mmmmmm...I love goat cheese and walnuts in salad.  I had it last night for dinner. :) 

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • you really like cheese don't you? Big Smile
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKateB1984:
    imagebabypuplove:

imageKateB1984:
    No ideas for pizza/flatbread, but this week I've become addicted to a new salad combo: fresh spring greens, thinly sliced red onion, walnuts, fresh raspberries and crumbled soft goat cheese. I serve it with balsamic vinegrette. So good.

Mmmmmm...I love goat cheese and walnuts in salad.  I had it last night for dinner. :) 

It is the perfect combo, isn't it? I love it. I just recently started splurging on goat cheese (we could never manage it in our grocery budget before) so I'm savouring every bite when we have it in the house :) 

It really is perfect.  I'm glad I never loved it this much in my 20's, or we would have been broke.  ;-) 

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • imageKateB1984:

That sounds wonderful!  I love fruit in salads... 

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • I have done goat cheese, prosciutto, & carmelized onions on pizza. It was awesome
  • Pancetta? Goat cheese and pesto would be great.

I made scrambled eggs with chives the other day and put it on toasted sourdough with goat cheese and it was SO good, so if you have any leftover, do that for breakfast!

• I make this with pesto as a base, goat cheese, and fresh figs, then drizzle it all with honey and olive oil. Soooo good.
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Goat cheese is my absolute fave- pre-baby the hubs and I would have nights we'd lounge on the couch with wine, goat cheese and crackers and watch a movie or just hang around- it was Heavenly.

At Christmas I made a goat cheese, carmelized pear/onion and balsamic reduction pizza- it came out unbelievably delish! 

• MMmmm! Jealous! :)

First of all - no knead pizza dough! Best ever recipe, my DH and I use it all the time... although it needs 20 hrs to rise, so you'd have to wait until tomorrow to eat it :)

Then... hm... maybe just tomato sauce (tomato paste mixed with minced garlic and whatever spices you like) and basil, goat cheese, and sliced cherry tomatoes, then cover with grated mozza. Just simple - it would be like a take on a margherita pizza.

You could do any toppings with goat cheese! Mushrooms, salami, pineapple, chiles, spinach, blah blah blah.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• This recipe was taken from the "bon apetite fast easy fresh" cookbook. It is super easy to make and super yummy!

2 servings or about (8)4"x4" pieces (can be doubled) To trim asparagus, bend the stalk. it will naturally break between the tender top and the woody bottom.

6 asparagus spears, trimmed, halved lengthwise, cut into 1.5" pieces (you don't have to do this if the circumference of the asparagus is on the thin side. I also use more than 6 spears)

3T extra-virgin olive oil
    1 13.8-oz tube refrigerated pizza dough
    1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes w/ italian seasonings, drained
    1 5.5-oz log soft fresh goat cheese (I have found 4 oz and 8 oz at store. Get the 8 but don't use it all)
    3T choppped fresh marjoram
    1/4 teaspoom dried crushed red pepper

Oven: Preheat to 400. Toss asparagus and oil in med bowl to coat. Unroll pizza dough on large baking sheet (I put parchment paper on a cookie sheet with low sides for easy cleanup) forming a 12x8" rectangle. Spoon drained tomotoes over dough, leaving 3/4" plain border. Scatter asparagus/oil over tomatoes.

Bake Pizza 7 minutes. Remove from oven. Crumble goat cheese over pizza. Sprinkle w/ marjoram & crushed red pepper. Bake until crust is crisp and golden around edges, about 9 minutes longer
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Wow! What delicious ideas. I wish I could try them all! If my budget allows I may have to invest in goat cheese every week... but I doubt it will. Anyway, thanks a bunch for all the ideas. I did also pick up some asparagus so I may start with that, but maybe just make a small serving so I can try some salad too. I just have no idea where to start.

The no knead dough is a great suggestion, but I prefer pizza dough yeast by Fleishman's (sp?) because it's no rise so I can make and eat within 30 min total.

Side note: to the poster who mentioned that I must like cheese. Interesting observation. I didn't pick up on it myself because I'd posted other things on other boards in the meantime so it wasn't two in a row about cheese from my perspective, but funny. I do like cheese though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No ideas, because goat cheese makes me want to vomit profusely.Ick!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKateB1984:
    I'm totally craving this now. Yum!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"