Military Families

question about tricare standard & reserve select

if any of you/your spouses have been active duty and you/your spouse switched to national guard/reserves please give me a heads up on the changes I can expect between the healthcare. Hubby got discharged from AF in February so we have Tricare Standard for a little while longer and then after that we'll have to switch to reserve select.

The main question I'm wondering is if either of them cover chiropractic care. I went to the chiropractor regularly last pregnancy and it was awesome (DH was civilian back then)

Is there somewhere online where there's a detailed explanation of benefits so I can bookmark it as a resource?

TIA! 

imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: question about tricare standard & reserve select

• We have Standard.  I was refered to a chiro for my migraines, lower back and hip pain.  Tricare wouldn't cover it.  Luckily, I found a chiro that only charges me $30 a visit. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's been my impression that Standard and Reserve Select function very similarly (but of course with Reserve Select you will be paying a monthly fee).  I have no idea about chiropractic care. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Loading the player...
  • imageiluvmytxrgr:
    We have Standard.  I was refered to a chiro for my migraines, lower back and hip pain.  Tricare wouldn't cover it.  Luckily, I found a chiro that only charges me $30 a visit. 

I figured they wouldn't. Last time only 12 visits were covered per year, so I had to pay out of pocket for a few and it was about $60 a visit!!! 

imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Tricare (regardless of the kind) will only cover chiro for the service member(not dependents) and only if there is one at the local MTF. I saw one at Great Lakes Naval after my car accident and it was covered. When I moved and was prime remote and reserve select, it wasn't covered. I worked out a payment plan with my chiro. I wish they would cover it as preventative medicine but since some PCMs still don't agree with chiro practices, it's up in the air. Reserve select is still a good program though.

CJ 05/29/2013

• We are on Tricare Reserve Select and I'm happy with it.  You will be paying a monhtly premium, but it is very resonable.  I also love that you do not need a referral!  Best of luck!
  • See if you can find a primary doc that's a DO instead of a MD. Some of them will do adjustments for you. Before we moved my primary was a DO and did adjustments on me during my entire pregnancy. Since he wasn't a chiro tricare paid for it
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"