Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

ERGO- need newborn insert?

We use a MOBY at home but with a toddler I need an easy on carrier for grocery shopping & errands,  I heard great things about the ERGO with DS1 so my parents want to buy me one... but do I also need the infant insert?

Thanks ladies 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ERGO- need newborn insert?

• Options
    My LO was on the large side when he was born (9lb11oz) and we are using the insert w our ergo - so far so good!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We just stopped using it at around 14 pounds. I think you're supposed to use it longer, but DS2 gets SO hot in it and he's doing just fine without it. 

On the bright side, there seems to be a great second hand market for anything used Ergo, so if you buy it and don't use it much, you'll probably be able to sell it for close to full value.  

Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I asked a version of this question in the AP board bc I have a giant heat pump of a baby and the insert stopped being comfortable once he got to be about a month old. Someone suggested only using the pillow so that his hips/spine were still positioned correctly and we've been doing that w lots of success! We love the moby too but I find myself using the ergo more for out-of-the-house errands. 

If you look at my post on the attachment parenting board, someone even posted pics of the hold that I found super helpful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"