March 2012 Moms

Caving to the RnP - sleep plan fail

I think I'm about to cave to the RnP. I really really wanted LO to sleep peacefully by my side in the ARCS so that he could get used to sleeping on his back for an easier transition to the crib, but he grunts and groans all night long in that thing, keeping me awake and waking himself up at least every other hour. Put him in the Snugabunny swing and he's out like a light for hours, and it doesn't even have to be swinging. I'm probably going to buy the new Snugabunny RnP and start having him sleep in that at night instead. He does spit up a lot while in the ARCS and not in the Snugabunny so I'm hoping that the tilt of the RnP and the familiarity of the position will help him, and me, sleep better at night. I'm just disappointed that my sleep plan didn't work and I hope that this doesn't set us up for difficulties acclimating to the crib in a few months. 
imageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Caving to the RnP - sleep plan fail

• I caves to the RnP this week and it's been great. LO only gets up once a night now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't worry about the crib transition yet.  DS spent a lot of nights sleeping in his bouncy seat or car seat because he wouldn't sleep flat on his back.  Around 8 weeks or so, he started to tolerate it fine.  I just tried every once in awhile, but I never pushed the issue.     

This time, we have a RNP.  I don't feel bad at all for letting DD sleep in it all night.

Hilary
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • When it comes time to transition, it will work out.  There may be a few nights of less sleep, but it will work itself out.  However, you will have had many nights of better sleep leading up to that transition.. or at least that's the idea.

My son slept in his carseat until he was 5.5 months old.  It was the ONLY place he would sleep, though I'm certain if the RNP had existed when he was a newborn, he would have slept there.  At 5.5 months old, he figured out how to get himself out of the infant carseat.  We didn't strap him in when he was sleeping, so he would just rock the seat back and forth until it hit the ground.  Then he'd roll out.  (This took a little detective work on our part).  Anyway, we had to get him sleeping in his crib in a hurry.  We had one night of stress, and then the next night he was fine.  I stressed way more about it than it wound up being worth. 

For now, the RNP is worth every penny if your LO needs to sleep on an incline.  Get the deluxe one. 

• We caved and got the RnP. The only way she will sleep is in her bouncer. Laying flat makes her reflux come up and then she wakes up every 20 min. Right now she is sleeping in her bouncer but I ordered a RnP and it should be here on Monday. Sometimes us moms have to do things we never intended on doing to keep our sanity and get some sleep.

pregnancy ticker
  • imagejamies2girls:

We caved and got the RnP. The only way she will sleep is in her bouncer. Laying flat makes her reflux come up and then she wakes up every 20 min. Right now she is sleeping in her bouncer but I ordered a RnP and it should be here on Monday. Sometimes us moms have to do things we never intended on doing to keep our sanity and get some sleep.

There are SOOO many things I never intended on doing that I have with this baby! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS sleeps in his bouncer at night. He sleeps soooo craptastically in the bassinet or anywhere flat. He sleeps great in the bouncer and is only up once to eat. I say do what you've got to do! I do worry that our transition to the crib will be rough but this is working for us now so we're sticking with it!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• We just got a RnP, hands down best baby item so far. I wish we would have gotten this from the beginning. He slept in it last night and slept better than he ever has. He is taking a long nap in it right now, and he never naps more than like 20 minutes during the day in his PnP or anywhere unless it's on me. I will worry about crossing the bridge to cribdom when I have to, but right now we need to get some sleep too. Go get yourself one...now!! Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • WipzWipz member
    Wow I feel blessed... our munchkin will fall asleep anywhere. 

He usually sleeps with me at night since hubby works nights..and when hubby is on his days off he sleeps with both of us... which I never thought I'd do but it works great for us.  He will sleep in his crib which is in our room if we put him down for a nap, sleeps on the floor on a quilt, car seat and even the dreaded bouncer which he doesn't seem to like much when he is awake.

He used to sleep in the carrycot on his stroller frame but we haven't used that for a while..he'd happily go sleep outdoors on the balcony in that before it got too warm.

He sleeps on his back, side and stomach quite happily... and he has absolutely no probs with falling asleep in anyones arms..on chairs and sofas.

Right now he is sparked out on his stomach on the floor on a quilt and we don't even need the body pillow as a perimeter anymore... he almost looks like he is planking haha

Everyone complains that he is always asleep when they see him... what can I say... we run a lazy weekend household.. everyone likes their sleep... even the cats have lazy weekends Stick out tongue  this poor guy is going to feel neglected .. he only has a manual bouncer seat... no PnP, none of the fancy swings etc that the MIL tried to get us... bad mommy  lol
  • When DS moved from the RnP to the crib, I used a crib wedge so he was still elevated and that helped. But by then he was rolling over and stuff so he liked having more room in the crib.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    "Lilypie">image"Lilypie">
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"