Preemies

I'm sure this has been asked before...

But in all honesty, I haven't posted on this board since DD was born over a year ago.  I had her at 35 weeks unexpectedly (not sure why) and we were so lucky that she was 6lbs 7oz and perfectly healthy.  She had some jaundice issues that lasted longer than normal, and she had a lot of trouble in the beginning waking up long enough to eat.  She did breastfeed after we got over the initial hump of challenges and I was thankful for that.  Anyway, I say all of that to say that I'm nervous I'm going to have #3 early, too.  I'm particularly nervous that I'll have him even earlier than DD2.  I had DD1 at 37w4d and DD2 at 35w on the dot.  I've asked my doctor a few times what he thinks about DS coming early, and although I realize he can't predict the future, I just want some reassurance...but he's not giving me anything - either way. 

Does anyone have experience with this?  Since my first came early and my second came even earlier, I tend to worry that my third will be even earlier than #2.  What do you ladies think?  Any experience in this?  Am I totally worrying for nothing?  TIA.

• DD1: August 2009
  • DD2: December 2010
  • DS: August 2012
  • M/C 9/2013, 12/2013 
  • DD3: October 2014 - April 2015 Miss you baby girl.
  • Current Due date:  April 14, 2016
Musings of a Farmer's Wife

Re: I'm sure this has been asked before...

• If you scroll down a little you'll see the ladies here do a weekly pg/ttc check-in...
  • I've only had 1 pregnancy before this one, but my opinion is that you have to be completely comfortable with your doctor and the decisions that they are making since they involve you, the baby, and your family. I delivered 14 weeks early due to preterm labor (no known cause) and one of the docs in the group said that "those things just happen." Another said that even though there was no apparent reason for it, she still wanted to take precautions and have me on progesterone shots starting at 16 weeks. I went with the doc who wanted to put me on the shots because I felt I would be more at ease with this extra cautionary step.

That being said, my pregnancy is completely different in that it ended much earlier than yours. Not saying you should freak out, but if you would feel more comfortable with a doc who agrees with you and takes extra steps to make sure your LO is full term, then maybe check into that? Or maybe instead of asking him if he thinks #3 will be early, ask him what steps he would take if you showed any signs of having the baby early? Hope that helps!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"