Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

moms of 3+

How far are your kids spaced in age? DD and DS are almost 14 months apart and we're thinking about #3. Because DD and DS are so close in age, and I don't think we'll have more than 3 kids, I think it would be unfair to wait too much longer so that LO3 doesn't feel really left out. We're at a point in our relationship where we could financially and mentally (hoping) handle another child. I've been a SAHM since DD was born and would rather not re-start my career until I am done having children. Thoughts? Am I just totally nuts?!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: moms of 3+

• Options

Nah.  Not nuts.  We have two that are 19 months apart, and we've just found out that we're pregnant with #3.  There will be about 14 months between #'s 2 and 3.  Our strategy/plan is that once the diaper bag gets put away, it goes away forever.  We know there will be a few years of total insanity and only barely controlled chaos, but I really feel like it will be worth it as the children get a little older.  That's my theory anyway.  Wink  Here's a blog I look to sometimes when I feel like I'm drowning:  https://www.babybunching.com/

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

imagesaturdaynightdoubletree:
    How far are your kids spaced in age? DD and DS are almost 14 months apart and we're thinking about #3. Because DD and DS are so close in age, and I don't think we'll have more than 3 kids, I think it would be unfair to wait too much longer so that LO3 doesn't feel really left out. We're at a point in our relationship where we could financially and mentally (hoping) handle another child. I've been a SAHM since DD was born and would rather not re-start my career until I am done having children. Thoughts? Am I just totally nuts?!

I think you answered yourself right here. If you guys feel that way, then go for it! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS1 and DS2 are 21 months apart and DS2 and the new baby will be 27 months apart.

Do what works best for your family 

• Options
    We haven't decided on a third yet, but if we do go for it, there will be a larger gap between 2 and 3. 1 and 2 are 19 months apart, and ideally I'd like closer to 2 years between 2 and 3.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    #1 and #2 are 22 months apart.  And #3 is 2.5 years younger than #2.  I like the 22 month age diffrence better.  I like them a little closer in age.
  • Options

Btwn #1- #2= 25 months

Btwen #2-#3= 27.5 months

Any closer and I would have gone insane! (still could...)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    12 months between 1 & 2. I am pg with #3 (planned but happened first month) and there will be 27 mo between 2 & 3. Seems manageable I guess. 
  • Options

15 months between 1 & 2

17 months between 2 & 3

• Options

#3 is not here yet but

DD1 and DD2 are 23.5 months apart

DD2 and DC3 will be 23 months apart

DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • Options

14.5 months between 1 & 2

26.5 months between 2 & 3

I prefer the bigger age gap. When we try for #4 we will likely go for at least a 2 year gap again.  

• Options
    My oldest DD was adopted when DS was 1 so our situation's a little difference but there are 2.5 years between them and 27 months between DS and DD2. So far I really like the age difference between DS and DD2 but I don't know if he's adjusted so well because of his age (no real jealousy, etc) or just because he's a super chill kid anyway.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    "Lilypie">image"Lilypie">
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"