TTC after 35

A lady brought her baby to the RE's office today

I was waiting to be called in to do yet another blood draw.  One of the ladies there brought her baby in while she was waiting for her appointment (I think she was going through another IVF to try for baby #2).  Wouldn't you think that having gone through this process before, you would learn to be more sensitive and not bring your baby into a room with a lot of other infertile women?  Her baby was adorable, crawling everywhere, but it just made my situation hurt even more.

Oh and based on my beta today, I go in on Tuesday for an u/s, RE is thinking I may have an ectopic :(

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
BFP#2 11/2011, CP
FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

Re: A lady brought her baby to the RE's office today

• And I do realize she may be a SAHM and can't find anyone to look after her baby so she can go to appointments.  I'm just really sad and having my pity party moment right now.

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• imageMrsNukem:

I was waiting to be called in to do yet another blood draw.  One of the ladies there brought her baby in while she was waiting for her appointment (I think she was going through another IVF to try for baby #2).  Wouldn't you think that having gone through this process before, you would learn to be more sensitive and not bring your baby into a room with a lot of other infertile women?  Her baby was adorable, crawling everywhere, but it just made my situation hurt even more.

Oh and based on my beta today, I go in on Tuesday for an u/s, RE is thinking I may have an ectopic :(

I hope this isn't the case. :( I hope your #'s improve even more by Tuesday. Will be thinking of you and keeping my fx! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Your pity party is definitely allowed and I agree that if you've dealt with IF, you should realize that bringing a baby to the RE's office is a no-no. Hugs.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• I totally understand there can be childcare issues but when i was there the other day an entire family was there, mom, baby, dad and what looked to be grandma.. couldn't grandma take care of the baby wth!

I'm very sorry to hear what your going through right now, I really hope everything works out for you and your in my thoughts!

nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I hate going to the doctor's office. Especially in my city, where there are so many losers who are pregnant and shouldn't be-- too young, too unemployed, too addicted to drugs (can you be just enough addicted? whatever, it's about parallel grammar, here), too many kids already taken away from them...

Seriously, we have an average of 3 babies suffering withdrawal in our NICU every week. 

I will not only condone your pity party but bring some cheese for you to enjoy with your whine-- especially since you may have an ectopic. WTH?!? Isn't it enough that you've been going through hell already? I'm REALLY REALLY praying that your numbers improve and it's not an ectopic.

((hugs))

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• First of all, fx that this isn't ectopic.

DH and I were at the RE and this couple came in with their baby, 4 year old, and 8 year old.  What the heck were they there for and why bring an older child who can read and figure out what's going on!?  When they were called, the entire family went back!  Ick, just ick. 

• HUGS. I hope you are having a better day today and fingers crossed this isn't a ectopic.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Pity party is allowed with what you've been going through.  Being in limbo sucks!!!  I am prying for a definitive answer for you on Tuesday so you will at least have an answer!
  • PRAYING, not prying! :)
  • imageMrsNukem:

I am so sorry that you are going through this and glad that RE is deciding to take a look on Tuesday to see what's going on.  Praying that your Beta Hell proves to be nothing other than a painfully slow start to a H & H 9 months.  I have seen many babies in REs office and wish they would provide some sort of supervised play area away from the main waiting area.  Maybe like pediatricians have separate waiting rooms for children with rashes?  (((hugs))) please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers 

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • I am sorry that you had to go through that, i wanted to chime in as someone who had to take my DD in with me one time, hopefully the last. When i 1st saw RE i went by myself because i didn't want to make people uncomfortable and bring DD, so her dad stayed home, as time when on my SO had so many questions and was upset that he didn't get to attend the 1st appt with me, so we went in for another consult and we haven't shared with anyone that we are ttc. It would be diffucult to have someone come over at 7am to watch DD for 1hr w/o and explanation. I am just thinking that maybe this woman had no other option. at my RE's office many women bring in their children i am hoping it's because there is no other option, also when you are in the middle of the cycle there are so many appts it's hard to get someone to watch your LO every other day.

i understand that that it's hard to see babies when you are ttc, i try to be sensitive to everyone here.

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • At my RE's office, she would have been asked to leave.  They post signs telling people that they may not bring their children into the waiting room.  On one of my Saturday appointments there was a woman that brough a toddler.  Her SO had to wait with the child in the lobby.  I don't know what they would have done if he was not there.  That may seem harsh but could you imagine going in for your WTF and having to watch a family coo at their baby?

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"