January 2012 Moms
Options

Any teachers out there pumping at work?

I just returned to work on Monday and have been pumping mid-day during my planning and immediately after school before I get in the car to drive the 30+minutes home. 

Just wanted to say that it's SO WEIRD to pump in my classroom.  I covered the door with dark paper and lock it, obviously, but there's still something so bizarre about being topless in the same room where I was just with 30 15 and 16 year olds.

I am thinking about starting to leave a note on the door while I'm pumping because I'm so paranoid that an administrator or janitor will come in without knocking...do any of you leave a note?  If so, what does it say??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any teachers out there pumping at work?

• Options
    I go back Monday and will be pumping too. I went in for a day on spring break to prep things and I agree- it is just odd to be at school and topless!! I plan to put my nursing cover over me while I pump ( in addition to covering the windows and posting a Meeting in Session sign ). Weird!!!
  • Options
    I am not a teacher but sometimes when our mothers room is in use, I come back and just pump in my office.  I'm always paranoid that the janitor will walk in or my boss will walk in.  I put a sticky note on the door that says "Please knock"

BFP 10/1/2010 MMC D&C at 11w4d
    BFP 3/15/2011 M/C at 6w
    BFP 5/25/2011 DS1 born 1:11pm on 1/16/2012
    BFP 10/18/2013 EDD 6/28/2014 GROW BABY GROW!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am a teacher and pump in my classroom. I lock my doors and place a note on the door stating to not enter the classroom and to either return in 15 minutes or call my room. Most people have the sense to know what is going on and just leave me alone. I also wear my nursing cover just in case. I am a lot more comfortable during my prep period, but get more nervous if I try after school. I feel like the janitors won't read the sign.

I should be pumping right now but I forgot a part to my pump. I haven't pumped in over six hours and now have to make it a couple more hours before heading home. I am so uncomfortable.

• Options

I used to leave a note on the door I pump in that says room in use do not disturb. Well, someone walked in on me. Now I have a sign. I got it from Breastmilkcounts.com. Here it is https://www.onlineordersff.com/images/pdfs/6710.pdf

On iPhone so it isn't clicky 

• Options
    I pump in my room during my individual plan and lunch periods.  There are two entrances in my room, one being due to an adjacent room that rarely gets used but connects to another classroom full of students.  That door doesn't lock.  So I put a note taped over the handle that says do not enter.  I lock the main door.  I also put a chair in front of the door to the adjacent room.  So far, only once did a kid come in but it was after I was finished and I forgot to take the sign down.  I keep a cape over myself.  But believe you me, if I was pumping and I heard the door start to open, I'd be shouting!
    image. image. image.
  • Options
    Not a teacher but a coach of high schoolers with a comment. If you think it is weird to pump where your students were, try pumping at an away game in the bleachers with nosy girls continuously bugging you and trying to keep them behaved at the same time. I also pump in my car on the way home from practice everyday. I have bad pumping habits... But I have to provide for my son somehow!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    My first day was also Monday and I feel the same way WEIRD!  I lock my door and put up a sign with a picture of a stop sign and it says private meeting in progress DO NOT enter.  Most people know what is going on but I put the picture of the stop sign for my first graders because some of them are low readers!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Glad I'm not the only one who feels super awkward pumping in school! I like the idea of the "meeting in progress" sign with a stop sign image as well. That should get the point across!

MrsMooney, I teach 9th grade English and 12th grade AP literature. What do you teach? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"