Toddlers: 24 Months+

nuby straw cup straws- anyone lose down dishwasher?

We use the Nuby straw cups & in our old house I never lost a single straw during well over a year of using those cups (I'm referring to the skinny clear straw that goes inside the cup)...moved to a new house  in February & now have had 3 of them disappear after being in the dishwasher...I reach around & search all over the bottom of hte dishwasher...seriously 3 seems a bit much. there are some drainage hole things at the bottom that seem like they'd be big enough but the straw would really have to be upright/vertical to fall down there.(which seems like it would be very unlikely?). I'm getting really frustrated. We found a replacement lid/straw apparatus at BBB the other day & bought it but there was only 1 of them left...

Grr... anyone else?

Re: nuby straw cup straws- anyone lose down dishwasher?

• I put them in the utensil holder.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagek.martell:
    I put them in the utensil holder.

I do too (where else would I put them?), but they are skinny enough to fall through the holes, even though I make sure to lay them as horizontal as I can. Even my old bottle dishwasher basket things have holes that are big enough for them to fall through.

• Loading the player...
  • imagek.martell:

Same here!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegroovygrl:

imagek.martell:

I do too (where else would I put them?), but they are skinny enough to fall through the holes, even though I make sure to lay them as horizontal as I can. Even my old bottle dishwasher basket things have holes that are big enough for them to fall through.

I must have smaller holes in my basket.   Another idea is to soak them in hot water and soap in the sink & rinse well.

• My DH installed a screen/mesh like stuff across the bottom of one of the sections of the utensil holder b/c our straws and medicine droppers were also slipping through. Since he put the screen in the dishwasher, life has been good.
    imageimage
  • imageLSU628:
    My DH installed a screen/mesh like stuff across the bottom of one of the sections of the utensil holder b/c our straws and medicine droppers were also slipping through. Since he put the screen in the dishwasher, life has been good.

Ohhh good idea thanks!

• I put them vertically over top of the prongs that stand up on the top shelf of the dishwasher. 
  • imagemrsh0606:
    I put them vertically over top of the prongs that stand up on the top shelf of the dishwasher. 

oohhh another good idea.

• We were putting them upright on the prongs at first, but found the water wasn't getting down inside the straw. There would still be funk in the straw after going through the dishwasher
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"