Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

It's been over a year

*reposted from TTCAAL 

It's been over a year since my ectopic and about a year and a half since my spontanous abortion.  I'm in my late 20's and it's absolutely killing me watching all of my friends have babies so easily.  I really want to TTC again, I have an appointment later this month to meet with a new GYn for my annual exam.    I was thinking of asking her to get my tubes tested (I had methatraxate shots for my ectopic) but I am a bit apprehensive to go through that pretty invasive testing.  I was never really at risk for an ectopic--not a smoker, no PID, no STDS, etc... so I cannot fathom what even caused the ectopic in the first place--the doctor just said "bad luck".  I still feel a small pain when I ovulate from that side and and the subsequent period as I think there may be some scarring from the ectopic.  I don't know, I'm kinda ranting, but I just really want to voice my concerns somewhere.    Bottom line is I want to try again but I am so scared of going through that ecoptic crap again.  That time, since it was my second pregnancy loss, I wasn't even as heart broken about losing the baby as I was about soemthing being medically wrong with me and concern about getting it taken care of.  

Anyone else have these feelings?

Re: It's been over a year

• I can completely relate. I had two miscarriages before I had my ectopic. I've never really grieved for the baby I lost during the ectopic. I'm not sure if it was because I had the emergency surgery and lost my tube and it was just too much to grasp in one moment or maybe because I'd been through losses before or maybe even because I just wasn't very far along. I don't know.

I also didn't have any issues that put me at risk of having an ectopic. I got pregnant very quickly with my first two pregnancies. So it appears that at least back then my tubes were fine. But when they removed my right tube my RE said it was covered in scar tissue...inside and out...he doesn't know why or when it got there.

I think if you're having concerns about having another loss then I'd ask for testing. An HSG is a uncomfortable (sometimes really painful) test that can let you know if your tubes are blocked. My RE did an HSG on my left tube during my lap surgery so I was still knocked out. But the test can help ease your fears about another ectopic...although they say it doesn't matter which tube it was in...once you have one you automatically are at an increased risk of another. Its scary to think about but I still think the HSG would ease your fears. (((Hugs)))

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• I would ask for the HSG to see if the tubes are clear.  It is very painful for some people, but it was really easy for me.  It felt like menstrual cramps for a little bit, but totally manageable, and it was nice to see the results right away.  I hope you have a good gyn appt and find some answers.  Good luck!
    TTC since 2/2009
    11/2010 - Surprise BFP - m/c @ 16 weeks - dx Lupus Anticoagulant
    1/2012 - Clomid & IUI #4= BFP twins! On Lovenox - m/c @ 16 weeks

9/2012 - Clomid & IUI #5= BFP! EDD 6/6/13

I may have to wait....I'll never give up.
    I guess it's half timing and the other half's luck. - Buble
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"