Stay at Home Moms

What have you struggled with MOST as a SAHM?

Several of the answers might apply to you so, chose the one that you have struggled with the MOST! 
[Poll]

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

Re: What have you struggled with MOST as a SAHM?

• I've struggled with juggling being a full-time student with being a SAHM.  Suuuuuuck. 
  • imagedrunkenwife:
    I've struggled with juggling being a full-time student with being a SAHM.  Suuuuuuck. 

I *knew* I was forgetting the "juggling too many things" answer, argh!  Sorry for forgetting about those that go to school and SAH!  :)

• Loading the player...
  • It changes so much!  With my first it was TOTAL lack of predictability - my son maybe napped 20 minutes here or there so went from total independence to having this ticking timebomb... not having a clue if I could even check my email without being startled into "being mom" again.

Then 3 months later DH had a career crisis and that began financial stress...as he ended up going to grad school.

And I have a couple jobs, and that is impossible to manage with two kids.

And now my son is CONSTANTLY annoying his little sister which gets very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, did I say VERY draining?  so I put "discipline" as my biggest struggle but that is just todays issue.  :)  I've had almost all those struggles.

• imageElizabethD:

It changes so much!  With my first it was TOTAL lack of predictability - my son maybe napped 20 minutes here or there so went from total independence to having this ticking timebomb... not having a clue if I could even check my email without being startled into "being mom" again.

Then 3 months later DH had a career crisis and that began financial stress...as he ended up going to grad school.

And I have a couple jobs, and that is impossible to manage with two kids.

And now my son is CONSTANTLY annoying his little sister which gets very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, did I say VERY draining?  so I put "discipline" as my biggest struggle but that is just todays issue.  :)  I've had almost all those struggles.

Great point!  I, too have had several of these struggles... I need an option for "all of the above"!  ;)

• I say "other" because of the things you listed that I do struggle with (financial anxieties, parenting issues), those would still be there regardless if I SAH or not.  The struggles for me that actually tie into me being a SAHM are the complete lack of time "off" (and I would consider going to work being time off from parenting, even though it's not time off from responsibilities) and people not understanding that I DO feel fulfilled and DON'T wish I had a career instead.  Most of my non-SAHM friends, especially the women, honestly can't fathom that I would rather be doing this than ANY job, and that I don't feel like I'm wasting my life or my education by staying home with my kids.
  • imageluckiestwife:
    I say "other" because of the things you listed that I do struggle with (financial anxieties, parenting issues), those would still be there regardless if I SAH or not.  The struggles for me that actually tie into me being a SAHM are the complete lack of time "off" (and I would consider going to work being time off from parenting, even though it's not time off from responsibilities) and people not understanding that I DO feel fulfilled and DON'T wish I had a career instead.  Most of my non-SAHM friends, especially the women, honestly can't fathom that I would rather be doing this than ANY job, and that I don't feel like I'm wasting my life or my education by staying home with my kids.

Another great "struggle"... time off.  I whole-heartedly agree, we all need some time off, some time to do something other than be a wife, mother, employee, etc., etc.  :)

• Not being able to get things done on my time, because my time doesn't really exist anymore in the normal hours of the day.  I hate doing stuff at midnight because everyone is asleep.  And most of the stores I like to shop at are closed anyway, lol.
    DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"