LGBT Parenting
Options

6 weeks

Hello all,

I finally got a BFP on our 5th cycle of trying with a known donor. I tested two days in a row and both were positive results... I could not be happier! I suppose I am at 6 weeks of pregnancy, though we inseminated two weeks ago from yesterday. I know I can't see an OB until 8-12 weeks... I am just feeling worried because I do not feel pregnant. I've had some pelvic cramping for the past few days, very minor. Kinda felt like period cramps... otherwise I have no symptoms.. no morning sickness, no sore breasts, no heightened sense of smell... I am so worried that I am not really pregnant or that something is wrong. Has anyone else really had no symptoms?

Much love to you all!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 6 weeks

• Options

Congrats, first of all!

I've never been pregnant, but based on what I hear from others it's fairly common to not have a lot of symptoms at 6 weeks.   I think if you're really concerned, you could certainly call and schedule an appointment with your OB for this week.  There's nothing wrong with seeing the doctor more than once in the first 8 weeks, especially with your first!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Congratulations!

The typical pregnancy symptoms are caused by growing hormone levels (and then symptoms ease off in the second trimester or earlier as your body adjusts). Your hormone levels would still be pretty low at this point, so it is totally normal to not "feel" pregnant yet. 

(Also, if you successfully inseminated two weeks ago and have a normal cycle, you'd be considered four weeks pregnant. Your pregnancy is considered to have started on the first day of your last period.)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageleapgirl8:

(Also, if you successfully inseminated two weeks ago and have a normal cycle, you'd be considered four weeks pregnant. Your pregnancy is considered to have started on the first day of your last period.)

OK, I'm glad you said this because I was starting to think I was crazy!

Congrats, OP!

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options

Congrats !!! :)   I can't truly remember but I think I felt the first symptoms closer to 6 - 8 weeks pregnant... 

• Options
    imageball.and.chain:
    imageleapgirl8:

OK, I'm glad you said this because I was starting to think I was crazy!

Congrats, OP!

Yes, this.

And I would say symptoms def. vary at 4-5 wks.  The day of Mel's first beta she was throwing up (I was so excited, lol--not the vomiting but thinking she was prolly preg), but her hormone levels were much higher with twins.  Most women don't have many clues they are even pregnant at 4 weeks.  It's just that most of us are tracking it SO closely & monitoring EVERY little thing.  Good luck!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the replies, everyone. My cycles are long (usually they last 31 days, give or take a few, but last cycle it was way late.. my first day of my last period was March 18, so according to that, wouldn't I be at 6 weeks?
  • Options

imageCabeatty:
    Thanks for all of the replies, everyone. My cycles are long (usually they last 31 days, give or take a few, but last cycle it was way late.. my first day of my last period was March 18, so according to that, wouldn't I be at 6 weeks?

It is a little different when you have longer peroiods since you cannot go off of your last menstural cycle date. Wehn I conceived I had 7 week cycles so if I went off of my date I would have been like 8 weeks pregnant (which my nurse at the ob tried to use at first lol). You are best calculating on your conception date, which would probably place you around 4 weeks.

As far as symptoms go I had sensetive nipples but nothing was sore and I was eating like a cow (which I do when I PMS so I did not really consider that a symptom at the time Stick out tongue ) at 4 weeks. Morning (evening in my case) sickness did not kick in until about 7 weeks or so unless I smelled fried food...

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

FWIW - I really didn't have any symptoms for most of the first trimester and then BAM - and 12w I got evening sickness (no morning sickness - just sickness fro 5-10pm.)

Congratulations!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    CONGRATS! :)
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options
    Thanks, everyone! I am feeling way less worried. Went to get the pregnancy confirmed for medicaid the other day and having that confirmed positive was a nice feeling. My dr at the health dept told me I am still 6 weeks preg but I am still with you all thinking I'm probably closer to 4 or 5. I go in to the OBGYN in 2 weeks where hopefully they will figure it out haha. But as of now the most recent Dr. gave me a due date of Xmas day :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"