January 2012 Moms

Irrational Fears

I was driving home, thinking of a conversation I had with my mother.  I told her that I would not take the dog with us when I go to my little brother's wedding because how could I fit a husband, me, one 60lb+ excitable dog, and one baby in a carseat in a small compact car.  I think I actually yelled at her saying something like, "Yeah, I can't drive there with a dog in my back seat who is going to eat my kid."

I didn't mean that the dog would eat my kid, but it is one of my fears that the dog will nibble off DS's toes. Just like I fear my cats sleeping on LO's face and suffocating him (no animals are allowed in his bedroom).

I realize those sort of accidents don't happen often but are devastating when they do. Because of the unlikelihood of it ever happening, I consider those two to be my irrational fears when it comes to my son. 

Do you have any irrational fears in regards to your child? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Irrational Fears

• lp0lp0 member
    Ah irrational fears *sigh*, yes I have those. My latest one is my fear someone is going to drop ds over the railing on the stairs. We have a raised ranch and the couch is up against the railing over the stairs that come up from the front door. I get nervous when dh or anyone for that matter sits on that couch and holds ds. Especially if they pick him up over their head. Like suddenly their arms are going to fly back over their heads and over the back of the couch and railing. I know it's crazy but it makes me nervous.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• imageraefre:

I was driving home, thinking of a conversation I had with my mother.  I told her that I would not take the dog with us when I go to my little brother's wedding because how could I fit a husband, me, one 60lb+ excitable dog, and one baby in a carseat in a small compact car.  I think I actually yelled at her saying something like, "Yeah, I can't drive there with a dog in my back seat who is going to eat my kid."

I didn't mean that the dog would eat my kid, but it is one of my fears that the dog will nibble off DS's toes. Just like I fear my cats sleeping on LO's face and suffocating him (no animals are allowed in his bedroom).

I realize those sort of accidents don't happen often but are devastating when they do. Because of the unlikelihood of it ever happening, I consider those two to be my irrational fears when it comes to my son. 

I know exactly what you mean!

My fear is someone will climb through LO's window and kidnap her...so she will be sleeping with us for a long time. I should mention that we live on the 2nd floor lol...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine isn't necessarily irrational, but the amount in which I worry about it is. I worry about dropping her on our vey hard tile floor :( or even worse, someone else dropping her. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I thought of another one. Dd being bitten by a black widow spider. They are everywhere around here and it terrifies me! Our neighbor just found one yesterday in his woodpile :/. I always check her bed at night for them. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • imagewychets:
    imageraefre:

My fear is someone will climb through LO's window and kidnap her...so she will be sleeping with us for a long time. I should mention that we live on the 2nd floor lol...

This is mine too :-/ We're in a house, and K's room has one window on the side of the house that someone could just walk up to, it's always locked, but still... I listen on the monitor for "intruders"  

• lp0lp0 member
    imagewychets:
    imageraefre:

Me too! I have so much anxiety about putting him in his own room that I think he'll be in the pnp by our bed forever. I am so afraid someone will come in and steal him. I'm also freaked out by the thought of seeing someone/something on the video monitor. Not to mention we sleep with our bedroom door closed which will have to change once ds is in his own room.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• I just told my mom I wanted DD in our room for awhile and how I wish I could put bars on her window lol. She is in an RNP for now but then there's the PNP....

Otherwise I am probably one of the most nervous parents EVER. I worry about everything. If she's breathing ok, too hot, too cold, eating enough, etc.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"