Success after IF

Clomid Success Stories Please !!!

Hi everyone ! I hope it's ok to post here. I am about to start 100mg Clomid as soon as AF shows, CD 3 to 7, for 4 months. I am 31 and DH 33. We have had all the tests done, DH SA is fine. I had HSG, tubes open and clear. Bloodwork good but not great. Had an interal U/S to check follies and only had 1 and it was much smaller then it should have been. We have been ttc for 14 lonnnnggggg years now, managed to FINALLY get a BFP on our own after 12 years but ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks. I'm just looking for some hope from the ladies on here who have had success with Clomid ! What dosage were you on, how long have you been trying before your BFP and how many rounds you had to take before you got your BFP ? Thank you in advance for any and all Clomid stories !

Melissa

Me 31, DH 33 ~ Been TTC #1 since 1998 ~ After trying on our own for 2 years we started seeing a FS with no results ~ Started trying on our own again ~ FINALLY surprise BFP in Feb 2011 !!! Ended in M/C March 30, 2011 at 8 weeks ~ First FS appointment January 17th, 2012! Staying hopeful ~ CD 3 bloodwork and HSG test done, tubes are open ~ Staring 100mg Clomid and Preseed next cycle ! DH and I are the proud parents of our fur baby ~ Cujo, Saint Bernard, 7 months old =0)

Re: Clomid Success Stories Please !!!

• My son is a Clomid baby!

First round, 50 mg, cd 5-9 with timed intercourse. Before that, we tried on our own for a year. 

TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
  • My son is also a clomid baby.

1st rd: 50 mg - no O

2nd rd: 100 mg - no O

3rd rd: 150mg and 2mg dexamethasone - O- BFP - m/c at 5 weeks

4th rd: 150 mg and 2mg dex, trigger - O - BFP - m/c at  8 weeks

6th rd: 200 mg and 2mg dex - O - BFP = Matthew born 7.27.10!

Plus I took baby aspirin, metformin, and prometrium after O.  All in all - we tried for almost a year before seeking help.  Then those 6 rounds took a year to get through because each cycle would take at least 2 months, plus after the m/c's I would take a month of BCP to give myself a break.  Then after the 3rd m/c we did the HSG, genetic testing, etc so that took a couple of months. 

We are thinking of TTC 2 this summer so I think I'm gonna try Femara this time. 

Clomid obviously works - just gotta find the right "cocktail" for your body!!  Good luck!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My DS is from Clomid/IUI.  It was our 3rd clomid cycle, but only second with IUI.  I took 50mg each time and had one dominant follie each time. 
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you ladies for your stories ! It really gives me hope !!!!!!!!!

Please keep the stories coming, i absolutely love reading them, each and every one gives me more and more hope and that's what i desperately need right now !!!!

I forgot to mention, as well as taking the 100mg of Clomid, i'm also going to use Preseed and a baby aspirin daily. I'm also going to get DH to take a Pro Mens vitamin, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 cinnamon capsule daily as well. I hope with all this stuff it will lead me to a quick, sticky BFP !

Baby dust to everyone who is still trying !

Melissa

Me 31, DH 33 ~ Been TTC #1 since 1998 ~ After trying on our own for 2 years we started seeing a FS with no results ~ Started trying on our own again ~ FINALLY surprise BFP in Feb 2011 !!! Ended in M/C March 30, 2011 at 8 weeks ~ First FS appointment January 17th, 2012! Staying hopeful ~ CD 3 bloodwork and HSG test done, tubes are open ~ Staring 100mg Clomid and Preseed next cycle ! DH and I are the proud parents of our fur baby ~ Cujo, Saint Bernard, 7 months old =0)
  • Not me, but my best friend...she had 2 chemical pregnancies/miscarriages on her own. She took clomid and on first round she got PG and is now 22 weeks.

Another very good friend, tried for a year, nothing happened, did 2 rounds of clomid and got pregnant on round 2. Good luck to you! 

• Hi Mellissa,

Good Luck! My son was clomid and 3rd round IUI. We got PG on Clomid before without IUI on 50mg also however that resulted in a loss. Good Luck!!!

Tanya 

June 2004 BFP Aug 2005 Steven James Born TTC#2 Since July 2009 TI and Clomid BFP M/C Sept 2010 (Only with me for 10 weeks in my heart forever) IUI # 4 BFP!! Due 11/5/12 Praying for my sticky babies!! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you for sharing your stories !!! Congrats to all you ladies on your adorable babies !!!!!

Keep the stories coming, they are giving me hope that Clomid just might do the trick for me !!!! Hopefully on the first or second try, I think 14 years is long enough to wait !!!!!!

Melissa

• I have PCOS so my issue is ovulation.

DD#1 (clomid and TI for all and I took mucinex to help with thickness of cervical mucus)

1. 50 mg - no O
    2. 100mg - no O
    3. 150mg - O - BFP

DD#2 (This bean was a little more difficult.  I had started metformin because of the PCOS diagnosis a few months before we started with the clomid.)

1. 50 mg - O BFN (at OB - clomid and TI)
    2. 50mg - no O
    3. 100mg - O BFN (at OB - clomid and TI)
    4. 100mg - O BFN (at OB - clomid and TI)
    5. 50 mg - no O
    6. 100mg - O BFN (at RE - clomid, ovidrel injection, IUI)
    7. 100mg - O BFP (at RE - clomid, ovidrel injection, IUI)

• Both DD and my current pregnancy are the result of using 100mg Clomid.  DH is fine, but I have stage II endo and DOR.  Before DD I had one ectopic pregnancy and one early m/c (both were conceived using only acupuncture and herbs, no meds).

I conceived DD on our fourth round of 100mg Clomid, days 2-6 with TI (no trigger).  At that point we had been TTC for almost four years.

For #2 I did 100mg again, this time days 3-7 and we did IUI (again, no trigger).  We were TTC for six months total, and finally got pregnant on our third cycle of meds.

Best of luck to you!

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!

• I'm sorry, I am not trying to be snarky, but you started TTC at 17??  Just wondering...
  • My DD was from 100mg Clomid + Metformin.  I also got pregnant one other time with the same combo but that ended up being ectopic.  Also, I was a clomid baby for my mom.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    PCOS, Ectopic & M/C of twins October 2010, Currently TTC #2
  • imageAtlJuneBride:
    I'm sorry, I am not trying to be snarky, but you started TTC at 17??  Just wondering...

I was wondering the exact same thing?! 

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was actually 18 when i started ttc. Just started on my 14th year of trying.

Thank you for sharing ladies !!!! Congrats on your pregnancies/babies !!!!!

Melissa

• you've been TTC since you were 17?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMrs.Babbsy:

you've been TTC since you were 17?

ha guess I should have kept reading the post. HA

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • hi!
    i just got a bfp after my 2nd clomid/iui cycle (got the bfp 14dpiui)

i don't ovulate regularly and my cycles are oh so very irregular....and dh has low motility...we were trying on our own for about a year, then we went to an re last may...turns out i had an underactive thyroid, so about feb this year it was finally at the right level, and our finances were settled, so we decided to start treatments...

i was on 100mg of clomid cd 5-9 with an ovridrel shot....on cd11 i had to go in for them to check the size of my follicles...first time around they weren't big enough, so probably on cd18 i had the ovridrel shot and then iui the next day....for our 2nd iui cycle...i had the same clomid same days, but i had the ovridrel shot on cd 15 with the iui the next day

good luck!

• Wow, congrats littleheaven !!!!!! I'm very happy for you Smile Thank you for sharing your story with me !!!!!

Melissa

• DS is a clomid baby.    We had unexplained IF, tried for 2 years with no luck.  The 2nd round of clomid worked for us. I think it was 50mg on days 3 to 7.
    Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you for sharing your story with me and congrats on your clomid baby !!!!!
  • Peregrine14Peregrine14 member
    edited February 2014
    Hi,

I started Chlomid in Jan 2014(Days 2-5), then had trigger shot on Day 14.  BFP 17 days later!  I am currently 7 weeks.  I'm 38 and don't think I will stop being nervous til after week 12 and the scan!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS is a result of clomid and timed intercourse. We tried for about 2 years on our own first. DS was conceived on our 4th round of clomid 150mg days 3-7. Good luck!
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • Clomid worked wonders for us. We had been TTC since 11/09 with only 1 pregnancy that ended in miscarriage before we even knew we were pregnant in January of 2011. We had two rounds of Clomid in 2012, one at 50mg, and one at 100mg...then surgery to remove endo, check tubes, and proceeded with a third round of a Clomid at 150mg (this time we had a 10 day round of Provera before the Clomid) and got pregnant that month, May of 2012! We now have a happy, healthy, 1 year old DD! GL and baby dust to you!
    ME: 24 with PCOS and a HX of Endo (rem. 04/12) 
    DH: 24 with Low Motility 
    TTC since 11/09
    M/C 01/11 at >2w, chemical pregnancy
    50mg Clomid 02/12, -OPK
    100mg Clomid 03/12, -OPK
    Surgery to remove endo. and check tubes 04/04/12
    10d Provera & 150mg Clomid 05/12, 1st positive OPK!
    BFP 06/12
    DD born 01/30/13!!! 
    TTC #2 since 09/13
    Last Normal Cycle 12/16/13
    Neg OPKs in 01/14
    Neg Prog. in 01/14
    10d Provera started 01/21/14
    SURPRISE BFP 02/06/14
    ER Visit 02/15/14, u/s showed empty uterus, BHCG = 111 
    M/C 02/16/14, chemical pregnancy...M/C was confirmed 2/18/14, BHCG = 28

05/12/2014 Started 50 mg Clomid
    05/16/2014 Ended 50 mg Clomid

05/28/2014 Negative "Day 21" progesterone bloodwork
    06/06/2014 BFP!!!
    06/09/2014, beta HCG 75
    06/12/2014 beta HCG 242!
    06/20/2014 beta HCG 2823!
    06/26/2014 m/c at 6w1d
    07/21/2014 diagnosed with APS (Lupus Anticoagulant), Factor V, and MTHFR mutation in addition to PCOS and HX of Endometriosis
    10/27/2014 repeat Lupus Anticoagulant tested negative

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"