Attachment Parenting
Options

Should I get a ringsling?

I have a Moby, Mai Tai, and an Ergo.  

I've always wanted a ringsling because they look so much easier, but is it worth it? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Should I get a ringsling?

• Options

I'm expecting my first, so I don't have any experience.. But I have a friend who made her own ring sling and she LOVES it... There's a video on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SxGDiMje-E

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DS is ~ 20 lb and I use my ring sling all the time. Usually just for a few minutes, but it frees up my hands to carry him and things to and from the car or just run in somewhere to get something. It's the one I leave in the car.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetokenhoser:
    My DS is ~ 20 lb and I use my ring sling all the time. Usually just for a few minutes, but it frees up my hands to carry him and things to and from the car or just run in somewhere to get something. It's the one I leave in the car.

I agree with this.  Also, I love how easy it is to put on.  If I have a screaming baby who just wants to be held but I have other things to do I think the ring sling will be my go to because it's nothing to put on.  And the uneven weight distribution isn't such a big deal when they're itty bitty.  I think every type of carrier serves a purpose. Wink

• Options
    Yes! I love my RS. I also have a Beco and a Mei Tai but still prefer my RS. At 14.5 months it's getting a bit uncomfortable to carry her for long stretches in the RS (she's probably 23-24 lbs) but I still use it for quick trips, nap time on the go, and airports. Highly recommend!
    image. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just got my ring sling carrying down and I LOVE it. I'm so happy. Now, it's the first thing I've tried, so that may just be love for babywearing hehe
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Absolutely.

I still use my RS with 3 yo DD. Love it. I own about 15 carriers but my RS is my favorite.  

• Options

I had the same stash plus eleventy billion wovens. I bought the RS late and regretted not having it sooner! I can't wait to use it with DD. Here's what I'd suggest:

Moby while LO is bitty.

When s/he has the upper body strength and head control:

Ergo/MT for when you really need your hands (cooking, grocery shopping, etc)

RS for casual shopping, walks, hanging out so LO can socialize "side-by-side" with you.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Options
    memo9memo9 member

Yes.

I adore my ring sling.  My favorite is my wrap conversion ring sling!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Eh. We have one and almost never use it. When we do, it is for quick ups and downs around the house. But, we never take it out with us because other carriers are so much more comfortable. I am a huge woven wrap lover, personally. I see that you don't have one of those in your stash. IMO it is the most versatile carrier you can have! You can do front, back, and hip carriers from NB to child.
  • Options
    I was thinking of the same thing, so I am also interested in this post!  Thanks for creating it!  :)
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I love my Maya Wrap ring sling.  I still use it when we go to the store, because it's so easy and fast to slip her into and out of.

Plus, it has a pocket so I can just throw my keys and wallet in there and go.

Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"