May 2012 Moms

Is this a sign of labor?

I'm towards the end of my 38th week. Doctor did an exam, I was not even dilated. Lost my mucus plug the same day, she said it could be related to the exam. Haven't felt any contractions. But today I woke up with a slight sore throat. I've been on google, it seems some people experience cold like symptoms right before labor. Anybody else experiencing or experienced the same thing?

Re: Is this a sign of labor?

• Hmm, I don't know. Was the mucus plug tinged with any blood? Funny you mention the cold symptoms. Never in my life have I had an ear infection and yesterday and today my inner ears have been aching so badly!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• i hope not! i dealt with terrible seasonal allergies last week and im still dealing with a runny nose. i dont think ive lost my mucus plug and im not in labor yet.

so, if anything, im sure you have at least a week left lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
                                         §Aug15 Siggy Challege: Favorite TV/Movie Mean Girl§
                                                           Dr.Bailey from Grey's Anatomy
  • Loading the player...
  • Weird! I'm also at the end of week 38 and also having a weird sore throat. I just chalked it up to either alergies or coming down with something. Haven't lost my mucus plug yet though as far as I know. Am having mild contractions, but pretty sure it's just BH since they aren't consistant and go away when I drink more water and sit down.

So yes, I'm experiencing the same sore throat!

• I've had cold-like symptoms all week. Today I woke up feeling like I got hit by a train. I have a horrible headache, stuffy nose, diarrhea (sorry) and can barely keep my eyes open. Its so hard to tell because we tend to over-analyze everything at this point :) lol. Half of me says, "oh my gosh! this is a sign of my body getting ready for labor!" And it very well could be...but I'm 38+ weeks so of course my body is getting ready for labor...doesn't mean its going to start today though. I could be "getting ready for labor" for 2 weeks! 

And the other half of me is very rational and just thinks I have the same cold/allergies everyone else has right now :(.

Regardless, I hope you feel better! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry but this made me laugh. I've never had someone walk up to the labor and delivery counter and say, "Excuse me, I think I'm in labor- I have a sore throat" haha I would probably be like, "Wait what did you just say- are you for real"

If this was the case everyone and their Momma pregnant during allergy season would be banging the doors down. It is common to have a stuffy nose later in pregnancy, which is why I've been snoring like a freight train.

There is such thing as too much google. I would bank on contractions over sore throat-

Watch you'll go into labor tonight and the whole sore throat deal will be a sure sign of labor haha

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemaggiemooandyou:

I'm sorry but this made me laugh. I've never had someone walk up to the labor and delivery counter and say, "Excuse me, I think I'm in labor- I have a sore throat" haha I would probably be like, "Wait what did you just say- are you for real"

If this was the case everyone and their Momma pregnant during allergy season would be banging the doors down. It is common to have a stuffy nose later in pregnancy, which is why I've been snoring like a freight train.

There is such thing as too much google. I would bank on contractions over sore throat-

Watch you'll go into labor tonight and the whole sore throat deal will be a sure sign of labor haha

This is what I was thinking!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • imagebellelamb:
    imagemaggiemooandyou:

I'm sorry but this made me laugh. I've never had someone walk up to the labor and delivery counter and say, "Excuse me, I think I'm in labor- I have a sore throat" haha I would probably be like, "Wait what did you just say- are you for real"

This is what I was thinking!

Any other board this girl would get so dumped on!  I'm always amazed at the politeness of this board compared to the other ones.  A sore throat a sign of labor?   Gimme a break.

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• I really don't think cold symptoms are a sign of labor.  If you have them and go into labor it is a fluke.  Also, losing your mucous plug doesn't mean a whole lot either.  There are lots of ladies on here who have lost theirs already and don't have their babies yet.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"