Adoption
Options

Totally Bewildered

You might know from previous posts that DH and I are in the process of adopting two particular children. We have spent alot of time with these children including our family functions, and so far it's been pretty great.

DH's side of the family loves these children and fully support us, most of my side is the same way, and of course the children of the family have no qualms about adding more friends. However, my mother, brother, and sister in law are less than supportive. They say they support us and think we are doing the right thing, except my mother says she could never feel like they were her real grandkids, WTH?

Did you ever have a situation like this, any advice?

Re: Totally Bewildered

• Options
    IRRIRR member

So sorry about that.  They may come around one the adoption goes through and if not it really is their loss.  Not sure of your situation, but with my family I know they are supportive however they do wish we could have biological kids of our own.  It's just not in the cards.  Did you ask your mom why she feels this way?  Any children that are legally yours are her "real" grandkids.  Not sure why genetics are so important.  GL.  (((HUGS))) 

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"