Birth Stories
Options

Adalynn Lillah's amazing birth!!

On Friday March 9th at 39weeks pregnant I had my 39 week appointment. DH had taken off because I had been having contractions all week and we hoped that we may be sent to L&D. We went into the dr at 9am and she checked me. I was 4 cm dilated and having irregular contractions. The dr said to go for a walk, have some breakfast and call back at noon to let her know how the contractions were going. We drove over to the Y and walked around the track for an hour. At this point I was having regular contractions coming every five minutes. We contacted the dr and she said to head in the L&D and she would meet us up there. When we got to L&D the nurses hooked us up to the walking moniter so I could continue walking around the birthing floor. The contractions were coming stronger and stronger. DH was amazing, rubbing my back and helping me breath through each contraction. We had arrived at the hospital at noon and by 4pm my contractions were becoming irregular again. The dr checked me and said I was still 4cm but my bag was balging. She said that you can continue walking around to keep the contractinos regular or we can start a slow drip of pitocin. We started the pitocin at 4pm....the contractions started getting stronger and stronger...I used the birhting ball....walked.....layed in bed.....sat in the rocking chair.......back to the birthing ball.......by midnight I was exhausted and asked the nurse to check me again.....I was STILL only 4 cm after regular contractions for 8 hours. At this point I was so tired and in so much pain I was ready to get the epidural. After two bags of fluid and 1.5 hours later I finally got the epidural. It was so painful to sit still while getting the epidural but my nurse was AMAZING...I was so blessed to have her to help me since DH had to sit back and watch during the epidural. Once the epi kicked in I was so ready for a nap. I fell asleep and slept until about 5am when I woke up to a huge jolt that felt like the baby kicked my in my lady parts. I wasn't able to fall back asleep so I called the nurse for some water. When she came in she checked me again and said that my water had broke.....and I was now 5 cm...I ekpt feeling more pressure so she checked me again about 30 mins later and I was 8 cm...then another 30 mins later I was10cm and ready to start pushing.....After all that time I dilated from 4 to 10 in an hour! IT was 6am and during the shift change but my nurse decided to stay and deliver the baby since she had been there all night...So I had my two nurses and DH there while I pushed until the baby was low enough that the Dr needed to come in. My dr came and I pushed for about an hour, when the baby was crowning my Dr told me to push slowly while she massaged the babies head out....I am so thankful that she had me do this because I didn't tear! After a few more contractions I gave birth to my beautiful 8lbs1oz baby girl on March 10, 2012....She has tons of black hair......and is so beautiful....DH was so emotional he was crying and so happy to have his baby girl......The birth was so much more personable than DD#1. It was only DH, 2 nurses and my Dr. It was an amazing day with so much emotion and I would do it again and again to bring my amazing little girl into the world. Good Luck to the rest of you who are not so patientally awaiting little once arrival! One the day come the wait will have been more than worth it!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Adalynn Lillah's amazing birth!!

• Options
    Glad you had a wonderful birth experience! Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats and thanks for sharing your story!
    Me- 35 Dx endo; DH- 33 no probs.
    BFP#1 (totally a wonderful surprise)- 3/10/11. IUFD 6/25/11. 
    TTC since 8/2011.
    BFP#2- 11/1/11. EDD 7/6/12. Blighted ovum 12/1/11.

New OBGYN 12/2012- CD3 labs, SA, HSG normal. 
    First RE appt 1/16/2013. Unexplained infertility. Lap planned. 

12/2012- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN 
    1/2013- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN.

Lap 2/11/2013- Removed endo. 

3/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    4/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    5/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN

June 2013- Time for a new RE!

July 2013- We're in Shared Risk! Love my new RE!
    August 2013- IVF#1- 14 R, 11F, transferred 1 perfect blast, 5 day 5 frosties= BFN.
    Sept 2013- Let's get ready for FET October 7th ish!< transfer 2 embies 10/11/13.......BFP 10/18/13!!!!/div>

PAIF/SAIF and everyone is welcome. If I can make even one person's journey less painful, I will consider my experience here successful. Thank you to all for sharing their stories, the intimate details of their lives, their knowledge, and their hearts. I hope this experience changes me, always for the better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Beautiful Story. Congrats!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ what a happy day ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    Why? ???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"