Success after IF
Options

NSAIF related... Do you exercise at home?

If yes..

Where do you exercise at home?  In a dedicated exercise room, a basement, a family room, someplace else?

What exercise equipment do you own?

How often do you exercise at home?

What do you wish you had to use for exercising at home that you don't already use?

I'm thinking of dedicating some space in my house to exercise/exercise equipment and need some ideas...

imageimageimage
TTC #1: IUI #2 = BFP , Betas 550 (16 dpiui), 1523 (18 dpiui)
Hypothyroid, LPD, FSH 13.0, TTC 2 yrs B4 BFP

TTC #2: FSH 23, AMA, IUI 1, 2, 3 = BFN, IVF #1 = MC
IVF #2 = BFP - Betas 194 (14dp2dt), 366 (16 dp2dt), 841 (18 dp2dt)
(vanished twin ~7 weeks)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: NSAIF related... Do you exercise at home?

• Options

i do- but i don't have any work out equiptment. i use the 30 Day Shred.

so it's just me, a yoga matt & some hand weights.

& i do it on my living room while my children run around trashing the place.

but if i could have asomething i'd get an eliptical. i really love them.

• Options

Where do you exercise at home?  In a dedicated exercise room, a basement, a family room, someplace else? We have a bonus room above our attached garage. It is a family room/ playroom/ workout room. 

What exercise equipment do you own? I have a spin bike, exercise ball, dumbells, kettle bells, rubber tubing, yoga mat, videos

How often do you exercise at home? Now that I am training for a 1/2 marathon I have been mostly running outside. Prior to that though, I was spinning 3-4 days per week and trying to do my weights 1-2 days. 

What do you wish you had to use for exercising at home that you don't already use? A gym grade treadmill or elliptical would be nice

I'm thinking of dedicating some space in my house to exercise/exercise equipment and need some ideas...

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Where do you exercise at home?  In a dedicated exercise room, a basement, a family room, someplace else? My bedroom, TV room or Basement, depending on when/what I'm doing (do workout videos in my room and TV room, depending on whether kids are up or not and where they are), treadmill in basement.

What exercise equipment do you own? Treadmill, yoga mats, hand weights, workout videos (I like the Moms into Fitness bootcamp ones, and GAIA Yoga or Sarah Ivanhoe Yoga).

How often do you exercise at home? 2-3 times a week hopefully. I only exercise at home, we don't have a gym membership, no time to get to one.

What do you wish you had to use for exercising at home that you don't already use? An elliptical.

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Options
    I usually exercise in the basement, occasionally in the family room if DD is sleeping or playing in the basement with DH. When I'm not pregnant, I aim for 5 days/week, usually in the evenings or during DD's nap time, although she is ok with playing in the basement while I workout. I use videos and weights, usually totaling 45-60 min (closer to 30-45 if DD is up). Now that I'm pregnant it's more like 3-4 days a week for 30 min. I also run outside when it's not too cold or too hot (I'm a baby when it comes to weather). We have a treadmill but I am not a fan. I'd rather do videos or the On Demand stuff we have on cable. I would like an elliptical but we don't have the room right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Before LO's, I used to work out regularly at a gym.  Now, I work out at home when I can (read: when I have the energy and can get my butt out of bed).  We have the P.90.x dvd's and I love them.  I used to do weights mainly at the gym, and I feel like this is a much better workout program.  It is pricey, but there are about 13 different workouts which include weight routines, yoga, stretching, cardio, kickboxing, etc.  I actually look forward to them, and the variation helps so much.  I was afraid it would be too difficult, but it's really not, once you get through them a time or two.  And the results happen FAST!  I can usually tell a difference within two weeks of starting up again.   I do it in our living room, where we have the kids playmats down on the floor.  We have a small set of 5, 8, 10, and 20lb weights.  We also have a pullup bar on one of our door frames, but I don't do those.  I also have a yoga block I use for that dvd.  I try to do them in the mornings before LO's get up, and they are about 45min-1hr long.   If I can get in 3-4 workouts a week, I'm happy. Highly recommend!
    TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We have an extra room in our basement that has our treadmill with a small TV mounted over it, a desk with my sewing machine, and all of my craft supplies.  I use the treadmill about 3 times a week.  It is often the only "me" time I get during the day, so I like that I am far away from everyone else (and the girls can't get to me, lol).

I used to do either yoga or 30 Day Shred DVDs, so I just needed a mat and some weights.  But, I much prefer to do that kind of thing in a class with a group, so I am considering joining a gym just for the classes.  I do wish I had a bike.

My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options

I usually do classes at the gym, but sometimes I'll do 30 day shred or one of the P90X videos in the living room.  Or take DD for a jog in the jogging stroller.

I wish we had an elliptical! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

we have a treadmill in our basement and i have a yoga mat and hand weights. i either walk or jog on the treadmill or do a video like the 30 day shred.

right now i don't exercise at home at all.  the only exercise i get is running or walking with my guys in the jog stroller.  but i was walking a few nights a week on the treadmill before the weather got nice.

i don't think i would use anything that i don't have. i really prefer to exercise outside or just be active, but i like having hand weights and the ability to do exercise videos if i want.

• Options

I have an elliptical, weights, and a balance ball.

I use the weights/ball almost every day and I'll go on my elliptical 3-4 times a week.

Right now the elliptical is in my family room because I like to watch TV when I work out but it's kind of driving me crazy in there.

I have a huge master that has kind of a side/sitting area that I'd like to dedicate to my workout space. It's just a matter of getting the elliptical moved up, setting up my yoga mat and moving the tv over.

I also have a gym membership but it's more feasible for me to workout at home now. 

• Options

In our basement...it is currently unfinished, but I've a TV down there with a DVD player and carpets so I'm not on cement.

We have a Sole 95 elliptical, 7lb and 10lb handweights, and a fitness ball.  (I also make use of an old chair for tricep dips and such)

I try for at least 4 days a week.

Right now I'm eyeing up alternatives to a ugi ball because there is no way I'm paying more than a year's membership at a top notch local gym for a freaking ball.  And I need an interval timer, but I'll be getting one of them shortly.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    DrRxDrRx member
    I workout in front of the TV in the living room, listening to the Britney Spears Pandora station, and doing dance/aerobics for 20 to 30 minutes, or sometimes longer if Pandora puts some really fun songs on.That station always puts songs that have a great beat for doing crunches, lunges, different exercises on the step, etc.  And it doesn't hurt that I sometimes sing along and just have some free-dance fun with it!   I usually put on a TV show with captioning since I blast the music at full volume.  I use a step, a yoga mat, an exercise ball, and some hand weights. 
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Personally for me, I would much rather prefer a workout set like P90X.  It's a physical product that consists of 13 dvds,nutrition guides and calendar.  I like it because it's convenient and this is one of the few products where I've seen consistent results.  I lost 30 pounds in 2 months.  I could have lost more but I was a bit lazy.  For those of you who are interested, I happen to know where you can get P90X at a deep discount of $65.  Check out https://www.squidoo.com/where-can-i-buy-p90x that lens will direct you to the P90X for $65

Where Can I Buy P90X

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"