TTC after 35

Curious..How long to you abstain prior to "O"

I have heard so many different opinions and variations on this...so how long do you abstain prior to IUI or TI or whatever other means there is for collection of swimmers?  My Doc has suggests 3 to 4 days at least. It sure does make for a long week though.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Curious..How long to you abstain prior to "O"

• Depends on if your DH has MFI.  DH has moderate MFI and we have been told to abstain for a minimum of two days.  However, with IUI #1, we abstained for 3 days and his numbers were really bad (<1 million post wash).  With IUI #2, we abstained for 2 days and the numbers were fantastic.  With lucky #3, we plan on doing 2 days to see if it helps.
  • We don't have MFI and we have always been instructed to have sex the night of the trigger with IUI 36 hrs later.   I don't know why you would be told to abstain 3-4 if there is no MFI in play.  Also, any of our SA instructions say that there should have been an ejaculate  72 hrs prior.   You don't want to stockpile old sperm and should rotate it out at least every 72 hrs (assuming no MFI.)

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Loading the player...
  • No, there are no MFI issues, it seemed like an excessive time, that's why I am asking. We BD lastnight and I triggered today, IUI @ 1:00 tomorrow, so I am assuming that we will have covered our bases as long as we BD tomorrow night as well.

I live in an area where there are no RE's, the closest one is almost 4 hours away. We are currently working with our 2nd OB who specializes in IF, I love this one compared to last.

• We've been told to NOT abstain for longer than five days prior to IUI and that 3 days of abstaining is optimal. We don't have MFI, first time did 48 hours and numbers were good, 2nd  time did about 60 hours and got an increase of 5 mil in numbers & motility so who knows if the extra time really made a difference.
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"